Kris Boyd or Kenny Miller?

Boyd or Miller?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Boyd or Miller?

• Boyd
    • Miller

He's not ours does he play for us no, going by that view Killie could call him our SPL record goalscorer. He's the SPL record goalscorer end off not ours not theirs.

I notice you must agree with me that's he's a lazy fat arse waste of space.

I doubt I agree or ever would with anything you have to say about Boyd, and he is ours and the rest of the SPL's all time scorer irrespective of your extreme vendetta against a proven goal scorer.

Until Bocanegra and Lafferty scored v ICT, Rangers had scored TWO goals from open play in their previous FIVE spl games, a dire stat, no matter what, that NEVER happened when Kris Boyd was on the park.

What about that dry spell where he went about 3 months without scoring?

You maybe forget, I don't, Walter put some strange line-ups out during his glorious years, and those strange line-ups included Boyd.

How you can slam a player who is currently the SPL all time top scorer, and still only 28? He's no Messi or Rooney, he's not even a Larsson, but he can say to him "who holds the SPL goals record at the moment?" no doubt he could come back and say "who has a Champions League medal?"

Well f**k him and his medal....we are talking SPL not Champions League, in that respect Boyd is better than Larsson.

You seem quite upset. The subject isn't really worth getting all hot and bothered about. Maybe I could point you to my blog about this very topic :)

Back on topic....

I find the current poll results interesting....

....very interesting, and strange to say the least. Not trying to cause a 'stooshie' here, but when Rangers were touting Miller last year the fans seemed to except it, probably because Jela, Laff and Naisy were on fire.

When Boydie was looking like moving on, the fans were 'up in arms' with banners like 'No Boyd, No Goals, No Title'......cant believe some on here, maybe they are young whipper snappers who just came out of nappies and listen to GovanAllan....no insult intended mate, as I always enjoy your comments, just can't get ma' head round why you don't want Boyd back? Are you just out of nappies bud? :santa:

Back on topic....

I find the current poll results interesting....

I didn't realise that Kenny Miller is 6th with 75 goals in the all time list. That's in a total of 6 years or so broken up by spells in England. Boyd's 158 goals are a smooth 9 years in the SPL.

I remember when we had both, and it was hyped up as being nukes in our squad.

....very interesting, and strange to say the least. Not trying to cause a 'stooshie' here, but when Rangers were touting Miller last year the fans seemed to except it, probably because Jela, Laff and Naisy were on fire.

When Boydie was looking like moving on, the fans were 'up in arms' with banners like 'No Boyd, No Goals, No Title'......cant believe some on here, maybe they are young whipper snappers who just came out of nappies and listen to GovanAllan....no insult intended mate, as I always enjoy your comments, just can't get ma' head round why you don't want Boyd back? Are you just out of nappies bud? :santa:

Me thinks you need to wind yer neck in 54.... ;)

Show me where I said I didnt want Boyd back. Seriously, show me ? I said I would prefer Miller to Boyd. In fact, if you check one of my posts earlier in this thread I said something along the lines of "we are not currently blessed with goalscorers and could do with one" which, to me at least, is alluding to me being fine with offering Boyd a deal - again, in fact, I am sure I actually said that I would take him back on the correct terms i.e. not high wages.

So, rather than actually "Not want Boyd back" I have more than once said I WOULD take him back.

However, I hold firm, I would RATHER have Miller than Boyd. It is like me saying I would rather have Messi than Ronaldo, and you retorting with "why dont you want Ronaldo". Obviously I would, but I would still rather Messi.

I would have taken Miller back last year too. In fact, I was disappointed we didnt get him. He was absolutely on fire when he left us and his partnership with Jelavic was bearing significant fruit. I would hazard a guess that we would have more points thus far than we have if Miller was partnered beside Jelavic - and yes, I know that is very much supposition.

I only wish I WAS just out of nappies... then my 38 yrs would belie me. But I remember Boyd, I appreciate his contribution - but I personally happen to think Miller was a better player and offered more to the team.

No offence taken 54.... hoepfully none taken by you either :D

Me thinks you need to wind yer neck in 54.... ;)

Show me where I said I didnt want Boyd back. Seriously, show me ? I said I would prefer Miller to Boyd. In fact, if you check one of my posts earlier in this thread I said something along the lines of "we are not currently blessed with goalscorers and could do with one" which, to me at least, is alluding to me being fine with offering Boyd a deal - again, in fact, I am sure I actually said that I would take him back on the correct terms i.e. not high wages.

So, rather than actually "Not want Boyd back" I have more than once said I WOULD take him back.

However, I hold firm, I would RATHER have Miller than Boyd. It is like me saying I would rather have Messi than Ronaldo, and you retorting with "why dont you want Ronaldo". Obviously I would, but I would still rather Messi.

I would have taken Miller back last year too. In fact, I was disappointed we didnt get him. He was absolutely on fire when he left us and his partnership with Jelavic was bearing significant fruit. I would hazard a guess that we would have more points thus far than we have if Miller was partnered beside Jelavic - and yes, I know that is very much supposition.

I only wish I WAS just out of nappies... then my 38 yrs would belie me. But I remember Boyd, I appreciate his contribution - but I personally happen to think Miller was a better player and offered more to the team.

No offence taken 54.... hoepfully none taken by you either :D

Sorry Craig, didn't mean you just out of nappies, if you read back my post you'll find it was directed at GovanAllan, he has been slaughtering the idea of him returning to Ibrox, not you mate....not at all. :throwpc:

Sorry Craig, didn't mean you just out of nappies, if you read back my post you'll find it was directed at GovanAllan, he has been slaughtering the idea of him returning to Ibrox, not you mate....not at all. :throwpc:

Lol, no worries 54. All in good fun either way. Is the season of festive spirit. We should ALL want Boyd back at Ibrox, right GovanAllan ? :tu::tree: :cheers:

Was going to leave this thread alone because I'm obviously the main cause of the stooshie with my views of Boyd, BUT it's the last day of work have a shitload of reports and returns to finish and I'm looking for any excuse not to do them.

When Boyd first came to Rangers I thought he was the second coming, could see him surpassing Ally he was a natural goal scorer and when he worked on his game and improved his all round play he and Rangers would be unstoppable. The months and years pass and he shows no inclination to work on his game, happy just to wander about up front and let the rest of the team do the work, but he scores goals I hear you scream and yes he does but if you take off your Boyd tinted specs and actually remember back to him playing he would go on goal bursts for 4 or 5 games then go on a wee goal drought and it's in these droughts because of his lack of workrate that we ended up playing with ten men on most of the occasions.

You then have the way he left, for all his faults he could still have left a hero with the best wishes of 100% of the support but again no he had to do it his way, he knew he was leaving long before it actually happened and he worked his ticket for the benefit of Boyd and not the club, that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Finally before I get, you just hate him and have never liked him if I could work out how to post pics on here with an IPad I would let you see the signed pair of his boots that he scored his 100th SPL goal with that I own. I've even spoke to Kris a couple of times and he's a nice guy but he lives in the Boyd bubble and listens to no one but himself. One of the things I can't stand in life is people who don't want to reach their full potential with their God given talents it infuriates me and Kris Boyd falls right into that category. So for all those reasons no I don't want him back he's not changed he never will he had the chance to have his name spoken with awe at Ibrox and he blew it, so thanks for the goals Kris if nothing else but go and play somewhere else please.

Hope that helps you understand my views on Kris Boyd and 54AC I you must know I prefer pampers. :D