Broadfoot to Bristol City

Broadfoot is someone we should definitely take whatever money we can get for him and run. He's decent backup but I would rather we used youth as backup instead of Broadfoot. He's also whinging about not getting enough game time, getting injured or moaning about something else, so getting rid of him is a good idea.

Might not get much at all for him, but it frees up a bit of wages and we at least get a bit of cash to go towards another player.

My cynical self says that Whittaker's injury came at a right time for him, for he's been abyssmal at times as RB ...

My cynical self can't help thinking its come at a VERY convenient time.....he's been playing pants, then suddenly picks up an injury.

I'm thinking is saves Coisty dropping him - in the public/media eyes anyway.....

KB is one of those players who gets a lot of flak from fans but in reality is a hard worker who very rarely hides in big games or lets you down. I remember reading that he was also one player who was always keen to do extra fitness training when everyone else had gone home for the day.

He might not be an exciting player, but given how erratic Whittaker is, I'd have given him a run at RB.

KB is one of those players who gets a lot of flak from fans but in reality is a hard worker who very rarely hides in big games or lets you down. I remember reading that he was also one player who was always keen to do extra fitness training when everyone else had gone home for the day.

He might not be an exciting player, but given how erratic Whittaker is, I'd have given him a run at RB.

He hired a personal trainer after the season ended a couple of years ago so that he was already in top shape when pre-season came around. A shame that others dont seem to feel the same need to be that professional.

I prefer Broadfoot to Whittaker but preferably, I'd have someone else play RB.

Same here. I like my defenders to defend first and foremost. Broadfoot does that far better than Whittaker does (error vs St Mirren at Ibrox aside) but I think we could have better than both. In fact, I suspect that McMillan could prove to be better than both - the defensive qualities of Broadfoot but the attacking capability of Whittaker.

Was he injured yesterday or just left out?

I think he might have just been left out. He was at full training on the 31st, but with this rumour about him maybe going to Bristol I'm not sure what to believe.

He hired a personal trainer after the season ended a couple of years ago so that he was already in top shape when pre-season came around. A shame that others dont seem to feel the same need to be that professional.

Depends on the PT. I work as a personal trainer mostly at the moment but still hope to work in strength and conditioning full time. Be that in football or whatever other sport. The quality amongst PTs is massively erratic. I would go as far to say that most are shite and dont have a clue about training for performance. Unfortunately (for me anyway) people working in sport as an S+C coach (what Broadfoot should have been using, maybe he was?) have very little time for PTs.

That aside though, I do agree with the main thrust of your point here. Just pointing out, from personal experience, most PTs wouldn't have a clue how to train properly for football and unless we know anything about the specific trainer KB used we don't know if it was sensible move. It does though, show a real commitment to his game and to improving himself.