Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw - Rangers v Dundee Utd

Good draw, United at Ibrox, and I hope BBC Scotland DON'T get to show the game as that prick Liam McLeod will be doing the commentary (?).

He's a stand out fanny!

The last time we played United at Ibrox, it was a league game back in November, I was far up North and making my way home in the car listening to the game on radio, I had to endure his pish on describing the match on bbc radio Scotland, most of the time he 'blethered' instead of actually commentating on the game, I was like "What the f**k is happening" while he talked about some game that happened 40 years ago, anyway we won 3-1 and forged 15 points ahead.

Jelavic scored our first two goals in that game and when the third went in I was delighted Jelavic had completed his hat-trick. 'Dick' McLeod said it was Jela again "A hat-trick from Jelavic", he even asked his co-commentator what he thought of that 'magnificent' hat-trick'. I reached my hotel in Tarbet convinced Jelavic had scored all our goals in the 3-1 win and probably bored the other guests in the hotel with my rants of how great the Rangers were, and super Jellies hat-trick.

Roll on the Sunday morning...I read in the papers the third goal was an o.g.!!!

Eventually got home Sunday evening and tuned into that crap football programme on bbc Scotland: "Sportscene": And d'you what?

Rangers v Dundee United highlights are on and LIAM MCLEOD is commentating (?).........see when the 3rd goal goes in, McLeod voice immediately screams "Ohhh...THAT'S AN OWN GOAL!!".

BBC Scotland "Fu*k Off", I won't be listening to that cretin McLeod for sure.

If beeb get that game, just listen to that wankers commentary, how the fuck he got that job, beats me? He is hopeless!!

It's curious, even commentators are getting abuse as being shite or biased. Paul Mitchell got the abuse, Liam MacLeod gets it, and Ian Crocker too.

Are there any commentators or pundits who gain our approval?

It's curious, even commentators are getting abuse as being shite or biased. Paul Mitchell got the abuse, Liam MacLeod gets it, and Ian Crocker too.

I think Andy Walker is a fantastic pundit, never allows his personal allegiance to his team get in the way of insightful, balanced commentary.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu4udqmzUmP3-yAlPe_Dbvr0pG-OwUniuDINkfp_iC0KaSx1Xv

Some of our fans and probably fans of other teams think that commentators are the same as referees. As soon as they say or do one negative word or action against their team they take a dislike to them. Truth hurts sometimes!

Actually like him or hate him Burley is middle of the road. The rest are just poor compared to commentators for yester year.

Of course when Big Laff scored at Aberdeen and listening on the radio, I couldn't actually have told you if we had scored you have to wonder.

BBC Radio Scotland got to love them, not.

Edited by GovanAllan

I think Andy Walker is a fantastic pundit, never allows his personal allegiance to his team get in the way of insightful, balanced commentary.

He gets so much abuse from Rangers fans, because he's a tim, yet most never hear the positive things he says about Rangers, only the negative.

Oh aye, Paul Mitchell I forgot about him..he can be annoying as well. But most of the blokes on Sky seem ok imo.

Returning to McLeod on the beeb...I just cant stand him, it's not to do about him being biased (although he is!) it's more to do with his incompetence as a commentator, next time he's doing a live game listen to him, he hasn't a clue.

Most of the time he doesn't know what to say, he seems to blether more about a particular players history, while another player is beating 3 men and swinging in a dangerous cross, his other annoying habit is 'passing the buck' to summarizer usually Craig Paterson and asking him stupid questions like "do you think the referee has had a good game?" when it's blatantly obvious he's had a nightmare, and he's 'feart' tae say it himself so he gets the summarizer to say it instead, all this while a team is on the attack, and the striker fizzes a shot just wide.

So for me, he is the ultimate useless FANNY, when it comes to commentating on football.

ps: He really got up ma nose during the Dundee v Kilmarnock game....he kept on calling Dundee 'The Dee' all through the game, so bloody irritating, why not just say DUNDEE?

I think latterly that it's become fashionable within media circles to have a go at Rangers, we are a soft target just now and perhaps we make it easy for them to detract from our on field success. However....you have petition being sent to the SFA to have our UEFA licence revoked, you have shady groups like Fare apparently using undercover operatives to bring UEFA cases against us, you have RangersTaxCase and/or Phil Gillivan doing everything in their power to attack our club pouring over financial columns and court papers desperate to find a chink in the armour plus every other bitter person out there with access to the oxygen of publicity. No one will convince me that some within the media also feel motivated enough to abuse their positions for the same "cause". It is raw hatred that drives these people and it has only been ratcheted up in recent years due to Celtic's failure to topple an almost crippled RFC.

Good draw, United at Ibrox, and I hope BBC Scotland DON'T get to show the game as that prick Liam McLeod will be doing the commentary (?).

He's a stand out fanny!

The last time we played United at Ibrox, it was a league game back in November, I was far up North and making my way home in the car listening to the game on radio, I had to endure his pish on describing the match on bbc radio Scotland, most of the time he 'blethered' instead of actually commentating on the game, I was like "What the f**k is happening" while he talked about some game that happened 40 years ago, anyway we won 3-1 and forged 15 points ahead.

Jelavic scored our first two goals in that game and when the third went in I was delighted Jelavic had completed his hat-trick. 'Dick' McLeod said it was Jela again "A hat-trick from Jelavic", he even asked his co-commentator what he thought of that 'magnificent' hat-trick'. I reached my hotel in Tarbet convinced Jelavic had scored all our goals in the 3-1 win and probably bored the other guests in the hotel with my rants of how great the Rangers were, and super Jellies hat-trick.

To be fair, i thought Jelavic scored as well, as did everyone around me.