Matt McKay???

What is the script with McKay????

He was bought following rave reviews from "trusted" sources, is a regular international, moves 1/2 way round the world but can't even get on the bench against Arbroath.....

From Willie Vass' training photos, he appears to be integrating with the rest of the squad, and I believe has stated in an interview that he's enjoying being here....so why can't he get a game, or even on the bench???

The Arbroath game was indeed a touch strange, but we were always going to be reduced here, only 5 subs allowed in cup games. After Flecks good games beforehand, it made sense to play him again and he did well enough. McKay's current problem seems to be that a) there is the Edulloch factor (and I fear that both will play together again when fit), b) Ally sees him on the left wing where Wallace, Wylde and now possibly even Kerkar are ahead of him, and c) he's IMHO a creative midfielder who must now contest his place with the no-matter-what-form-he-is-in ever present Davis and Fleck. The only chance I can see him getting a game is us employing a 5-man midfield again (and some folks are injured).

Whenever I saw him, he looked decent enough - at least with regards to SPL level. Getting no games will sure decrease his form and attitude and IMHO it is somewhat strange a treatment he gets. But then again, same goes for Alexander. They are professional footballers and get paid for it. You'd hope that we will see a few games of McKay till the end of the season ... well, I do.

I read in another thread that he scored against Killie in a bounce game yesterday - don't know what the rest of his play was like though.

However, you'd think that if he's playing in bounce games, and getting goals, he must be doing something decent.....

How much game time has the three of them had???

Ortiz has had the most timeout of the three. for most of that game time, he was played out of position. When he played in a more preferred position his game improved.

McKay & Bedoya have hardly featured at all. Bedoya has at least made the bench though.

If they are not good enough, why all the hastle (with Bedoya especially) of signing them??? McCoist must have seen them play before signing!!! Also, when you look at how some of the players have been performing, they've been terrible, yet McKay especially STILL can't get on the bench, never mind actually getting a game.

Why sign them if they aren't good enough.

I wondered that at the time. I was excited about Ortiz, but hardly thrilled about Bedoya and most definitely not by McKay.

We are existing on a shoestring, we have to do better.

We have to uncover hidden gems.

Truth is we spent about £3.3M on players, and Wallace, Bocanegra, Goian were pretty much that amount - good signings I'm sure we all agree. That we received £1.7M and effectively wasted it on Ortiz, Bedoya and McKay is another matter. Bartley was of course a loan and Aluko was free. Did we sign anyone else?

Sometimes you succeed, sometimes you don't.