What needs to change???

I have advocated since the start of the season bringing someone in with fresh ideas, a Ray Wilkins type, even for 2/3 days a week if that is all we can afford.

I can agree with all that has been said about tactics, team selection etc.

What makes me tear my hair out, is the space we allow the opposition when they have the ball. They always seem to have loads of space and time to bring the ball down and look for a team-mate. Terry Butcher said last season, how much they enjoyed playing against Rangers, because we allow teams to play their football, and that was under WS.

How about practising free kicks and corners at training.

How about practising passing the ball & keeping possession???? At times there appears to be a distinct lack of the basics - you pass to a team mate, not the other team!!!

What makes me tear my hair out, is the space we allow the opposition when they have the ball. They always seem to have loads of space and time to bring the ball down and look for a team-mate.

Constantly closing us down quickly and not allowing us time or space is exactly how Dundee Utd turned us over on Sunday and that's how we need to be playing all of the time ourselves. Giving the opposition too much freedom simply isn't a tactic that can work for us with this current squad. We had more possession than Utd on Sunday but they didn't allow us the space or time on the ball to do anything with it. The only way to win the battle when teams do that to us is to do it right back to them and batter them into submission with hard work, forcing them into making mistakes.

I have advocated since the start of the season bringing someone in with fresh ideas, a Ray Wilkins type, even for 2/3 days a week if that is all we can afford.

I can agree with all that has been said about tactics, team selection etc.

What makes me tear my hair out, is the space we allow the opposition when they have the ball. They always seem to have loads of space and time to bring the ball down and look for a team-mate. Terry Butcher said last season, how much they enjoyed playing against Rangers, because we allow teams to play their football, and that was under WS.

Agree with that, a stronger assistant manager / coach with more experience could make a big difference.

Totally agree with chilledbear. The perfect example is Barca, without question, one of the best team's to ever grace a football pitch. One key component to their success is their is refusal to give their opponents any time or space with the ball. Given the fact we're not a particularly good football team at the moment, I think we'd be better served forcing mistakes out of our opponents, rather than relying solely on our lack lustre creativety.

Totally agree with chilledbear. The perfect example is Barca, without question, one of the best team's to ever grace a football pitch. One key component to their success is their is refusal to give their opponents any time or space with the ball. Given the fact we're not a particularly good football team at the moment, I think we'd be better served forcing mistakes out of our opponents, rather than relying solely on our lack lustre creativety.

Playing one high ball up the pitch from the opponent with our squad, will undo it because our team has little or no pace and can be undone by a long ball.

Barcelona have everything right in that department and we don't. Plus the fitness needed to press all the time means I don't we have that either.

There are plenty of highly respected managers who move somewhere and do incredibly badly - especially when given very little money to spend on their own choice of players.

Plenty of managers would have spotted that we needed a striker even before Jelavic left, not the continual pursuit of midfielders, especially when we had money at the start of the season.

The players attitude and work rate needs to change for a start! There's too many players that just stand back hoping that someone else picks up the ball and charges forward trying to create something! Too many midfield passes going back through defence and not enough work being done going forward!