Rangers now in administration

If Whyte took over with the aim of liquidating Rangers, otherwise known as finishing us as a business, and it's what ends up happening, his life would be at risk. There would be many fans who would want to kill him.

I'm not even kidding.

I don't need telling that, though Craig Whyte may.

If Whyte took over with the aim of liquidating Rangers, otherwise known as finishing us as a business, and it's what ends up happening, his life would be at risk. There would be many fans who would want to kill him.

I'm not even kidding.

This is true, there's nowhere he could go and hide without feeling under threat for his life.

I think I for one will struggle to give a non-hysterical view today, mate.

I know where you are coming from but I actually feel more numb and empty than hysterical.

A sadness and a feeling of hopelessness.

It's going to take a few days/weeks to get an idea where we are headed/what the future holds.

Perhaps No Surrender has never been more appropriate.

As I said before. I just don't know

How far ahead of a public announcement being made on the tax case would the relevant parties be informed? If this administration isn't even linked to that, then is there scope for even worse to come?

There's definitely scope for worse to come casey. I don't mean that in a doom and gloom manner by any means, but I don't trust Whyte so I'm going to prepare myself for any possible scenario and that includes worst case scenarios.

Welcome to the forum btw. :tu:

I just received a text from a friend who has a lawyer buddy, and I'll quote it:

Apparently we have to serve notice in case the tax case goes against us - it's precautionary measure. If we lost the case we could enter administration and the stadium et al would be safe. It's illegal to do it after the outcome of the tax case. If the tax case goes for us we avoid administration.

Obviously, I assume that the result of the tax case will be known soon. We can all think of the worst case scenario, but e.g. if the bill is in the region of 20m, it would not mean "instant death" or something. If it is a technicality that has to be done, for the time being it is the best thing to wait and see.

Cheers, bud, I've upset enough folk o'er yonder, but I'll try to be on my best behaviour! :D

I can't see why there would be any reason for this move unless they have been given a heads-up on the ruling. We should be no worse off than we were last season.