European football next season?

As you say Craig, the company you were dealing with was being liquidated, but we're not, so we may need to accounts.

Of course, I've not got a Scobby, but it appears as though we'll need them by the 31st.

I completely disagree mate. We REALLY need European money to help us rebuild in the coming years.

Even if we qualify for europe, there's no guarantee we'll gain money from it after this seasons shambolic showing.

Unless I am mistaken, the right to play European football is earned by May 2012, when the league has finished. After that the clubs can check whether they receive a license from UEFA for it.

What we have to do is make sure the accounts will be signed sealed and delivered by March 31st to the SFA, so that we fulfill all their obligations. Once the HMRC case is being done or the administration process is going on, you would assume that all facts and figures will be relayed to the relevant places anyway. If we are still in administration by the time the teams apply for a European license, we will have a problem - unless there is some backdoor to this. So the sooner it all gets sorted the better.

Unless I am mistaken, the right to play European football is earned by May 2012, when the league has finished. After that the clubs can check whether they receive a license from UEFA for it.

What we have to do is make sure the accounts will be signed sealed and delivered by March 31st to the SFA, so that we fulfill all their obligations. Once the HMRC case is being done or the administration process is going on, you would assume that all facts and figures will be relayed to the relevant places anyway. If we are still in administration by the time the teams apply for a European license, we will have a problem - unless there is some backdoor to this. So the sooner it all gets sorted the better.

I happily concede to being the resident doom and gloom merchant, but however deep my pessimism dives it could never travel as the distance your optimism soars upwards.

I happily concede to being the resident doom and gloom merchant, but however deep my pessimism dives it could never travel as the distance your optimism soars upwards.

Your "problem", sir, is that your pessimism is so deep now, that every optimism shed by someone on the board appears twice as grand from your position. No matter how small the optimism actually is. And, for the record, I'm not that optimistical either, just try to stay away from the media-instigated hysteria, take every word that comes out of the club with a pinch of salt and stay calm. We can hardly do a thing about these events, so "head-in-sand" or "all-will-be-fine" or "we-are-doomed" statements are equally unnecessary. Hence I stay away from those.

surely the accounts issue was being held up by the tax . All the financials will not have changed , the tax issue surely will now we are in administration there is surely no need for a tax liability , what would hold them up .

surely the accounts issue was being held up by the tax . All the financials will not have changed , the tax issue surely will now we are in administration there is surely no need for a tax liability , what would hold them up .

Administration doesnt preclude the tax liability. There is still the very real possibility that we will lose the case and that liability would still have to be on the financials.

Administration would possibly give rise to a "going concern" qualification, would it not ? BD ?