If you were a player now would you be motivated by playing for second place or could Ally convince you you still had a chance of winning the League.

Craig Whyte apparently told the players personally in a team meeting at MP just hours before we went into admin that he would do everything to avoid insolvency proceedings, but that he couldn't guarantee any of their jobs should we go into administration.

My point is - The players will be pissed off, worried, uncertain and generally not in good shape mentally. Hopefully they're strong enough to work through it and still play well.

Edited by Zappa

Craig Whyte apparently told the players personally in a team meeting at MP just hours before we went into admin that he would do everything to avoid insolvency proceedings, but that he couldn't guarantee any of their jobs should we go into administration.

My point is - The players will be pissed off, worried, uncertain and generally not in good shape mentally. Hopefully they're strong enough to work through it and still play well.

We may well see a lapse in morale - but the quicer the players see that they are playing for their livelihood (whether at Rangers or elsewhere) the better.

We may well see a lapse in morale - but the quicer the players see that they are playing for their livelihood (whether at Rangers or elsewhere) the better.

They need to show more character than they've ever had to before IMO.

They need to show more character than they've ever had to before IMO.

Couldnt agree more. Shame they hadnt been showing that character for thelast few months, we may have still been in with a very reasonable chance of winning this league.

If you were a player now would you be motivated by playing for second place or could Ally convince you you still had a chance of winning the League.

McCoist couldn't get the players motivated when we were 15 points in front so no chance now. Unless we all turn into the hulk,"you won't like me when I'm angry". Oh no shit he is green.

even if we lose the league by nine points it will be a moral victory to us. it will stick in the mhanks throats that it took the tax man to win them the league!

No it won't! They won't give a shit as long as they win. 1 point or 15 points they won't give a shit. You are kidding yourself to think otherwise and just looking for a moral victory. If they start to lose points it will be through lack of motivation in their eyes.

Guest superrcooper7
No it won't! They won't give a shit as long as they win. 1 point or 15 points they won't give a shit. You are kidding yourself to think otherwise and just looking for a moral victory. If they start to lose points it will be through lack of motivation in their eyes.

Totally agree here, they won't give a shit what the circumstances are if they win the league. BUT, if they bottle it, things will be all the better for us an all the stupid jokes etc flying around at the moment can be shoved up their arses!!! Lemmon will have to quit as they can't beat a weak and 'poor' Rangers team. I wouldn't like this actually cos I love hating the bassa !!!!

It makes a couple of poor results like drawing with Aberdeen and St Johnstone at home then losing at St Mirren all the more frustrating by throwing away such a big lead. If the 10 point deduction had kept us within 6-8 points we'd still have a chance of winning it if we won the last 2 OF games, plus they will drop points somewhere.

The players could now be in the shop window with every game they play so they should be trying to impress anyone who turns up to watch them. Roll on Saturday and lets get 3 points against Kilmarnock. Celtic have a potential banana skin at Hibs on Sunday.

I don't think motivation will be too much of a problem - Play well...keep yer job!!! All the money/pay issues @ Hearts doesn't appear to have had a massive effect on the players - and they were directly effected!!!

As for "can we still win"....yes we can. The possibility has already been demonstrated this season, with Celtic turning round a double figure difference in the space of a few games. While Ceptic don't look like dropping too many points at the moment, complacency could be a real issue now!!!

Bottom line is "whatever will be, will be". If we can close the gap slightly, I don't think it will bother them much, but it will make us feel a helluva lot better!!!