Sell the players ?

Given the administration event we cant sign players. I would assume this also means we cant offer Aluko a contract ?

It would be interesting to see how much we actually owe and then work out how much we could get in revenues by selling players, so as to get back on an even keel - would the support suffer a year or two of watching a youth team (some have been wishing for this regardless of financial situation...) but so that we retain our very existence ?

I personally would be comfortable if we sold our sellable assets to retain our existence, history and, indeed, tradition.

Here is the squad and perceived values, admittedly these values are guesses from me, and could be either side of right given a) administration and b) my tendency to be conservative anyway :

Allan McGregor - £5 million

Neil Alexander - £0.5 million

Scott Gallacher - Keep him to play in 1st team (or Grant Adam)

Dorin Goian - £0.75 million

Kirk Broadfoot - Keep him to play in the 1st team (versatile enough to play across the back line)

Sasa Papac - Keep him to play in the 1st team

Lee Wallace - £2 million

Steven Whittaker - £2 million

Carlos Bocanegra - Keep to play in 1st team (resale value minimal)

Kyle Bartley - Back to Arsenal

Ross Perry - Keep him to play in 1st team

Lee McCulloch - Keep him to play in 1st team (minimal resale value)

Maurice Edu - £1 million

Steven Davis - £4 million

Steven Naismith - £4 million (post-injury)

Sone Aluko - zero, would love to sign to new contract (can play either side of midfield)

Matt McKay - zero

Alejandro Bedoya - £0.25 million

Mervan Celik - £0.5 million

Jamie Ness - Keep him to play in 1st team

Gregg Wylde - Keep him to play in 1st team

Rhys McCabe - Keep him to play in 1st team

Kyle Lafferty - £2 million

David Healy - release

Salim Kerkar - Keep him to play in 1st team

Andrew Little - Keep him to play in 1st team

Kane Hemmings - Keep him to play in 1st team

We also have players out on loan :

John Fleck - Keep him to play in 1st team

Kyle Hutton - Keep him to play in 1st team

Juan Manuel Ortiz - £0.25 million

Kal Naismith - Keep to play him in 1st team

Darren Cole - Keep him to play in 1st team

We could end up with a team looking something like :

Gallacher

Cole

Perry

Bocanegra

Papac

Fleck

Hutton

Ness

Wylde

Hemmings

Little

Yes, it would be quite a poor team - with the midfield it SHOULD be good enough for the SPL, as should the defence be. We could be doing with better strikers though.

But we would realise about 22 million. Sadly that doesnt look enough to get us out of the current predicament.

Again, just some random musings.

Unfortunately you would keep a fair number of players that I wouldn't want, Craig.

Sadly they would be the ones that wouldnt command a decent fee.

The purpose of my post wasnt about what team we would like to see, but one which would compete (or at least not be relegated) in the SPL whilst raising funds to assist stave off liquidation.

I would prefer we keep players such as Stevie Naismith but the sad reality would be that, if we had to sell, people like him & Davis would realise the higher values, would be the easiest to sell and would make most sense financially.

Ugghhhh, being a Bear isnt a pleasant time...

Guest superrcooper7

I don't think your valuations are realistic at all given that every tom, dick and harry knows we need the money.

No way would we get the figures for McGregor, Wallace, Whittaker, Davis or Lafferty. Possibly for Naismith but that will go on pre-injury form and again, who will offer us that when they know we are desperate for cash?

Just my opinion of course. If we have to sell and play the fringe players, so be it. I could live with that for a few years if we came back healthier and stonger, and may also uncover a few gems who'd grasp at the opportunity.

Also, it would be a buyers market and I'm not so sure we'd get that much for all these players. Maybe the ones that could create a bidding war amongst buying clubs, but quite a lot of the others will go for a lot less than the estimate given.