Sell the players ?

If the administrator got shot of Broadfoot, Papac, McCulloch and Healy right now it would probably cut >£40k per week off the wage bill immediately. Three of them are Rangers fans themselves, so it would be heart breaking for them, but it's a heart breaking time for everyone and if players need to go immediately to save wages those would be my first choices.

I'd go with that...no point now on holding on to the 'auld guys' who'v been well looked after over the piece. Get youth in on not-so-silly money.

If we're talking about keeping any of the more 'senior' players, I would like to see McCulluch staying.

There's not much point mate. He's 34 in May, only has another season left on his contract, has practically no resale value and is in the top half of the player wage bracket. If we're cutting costs, guys like Jig and Sasa simply have to go.

If Murray park had been a bit more successful over the years then we could sell the first team and go with home grown players for a few seasons but with only a handful ever coming through then if we went with them we'd struggle for top 6.

I think Craigs original list on first post would be worst case scenario for selling players and Zappa's list of left over players could be what we will aim for. However if the likes of McCulloch want to stay on and play for free then its a gesture we'd grab with both hands and his experience would help the younger ones.

This was Zappa's release list which ive edited with my choices:

McGregor - Accept no less than £6.5m. / 20k a week off the books

Whittaker - I think he'd go for 1.5m tops / 20k a week off the books

Broadfoot - 500k to a team down south but I think we'll see him back in the SPL in 5 years with Dunfermline or the likes.

Papac - A must stay for me if possible. If Wallace can get 2.5m then if we could keep Papac it would be a huge boost to the defence.

Ortiz - With us offloading whittaker and Broadfoot perhaps Ortiz could return from loan and fit in at RB.

Davis - Accept £2.5m / 20k+ off the books

Edu - Try to get £2m. Accept no less than £1m.

McCulloch - Play for free big man??

McKay - Try to get £500k. Accept £300k. / His flight expenses and phone bill to and fro Australia are too much!!!

Lafferty - Try to get £2.5m. Accept no less than £1.5m. If we can keep one other luxury player (Lafferty a luxury, thats how bad times are) then id probably opt for Lafferty. Alexander is a good replacement for Mcgregor but we dont have anyone to come in upfront.

Healy - Release.

As much as he loves the club I can't see Jig playing for free for any lengthy period Gribz. Not when he could still get paid to play for another club for a year or two. I'm sure he'd play for free for a short period to help out the club if the circumstances were right, but it's debatable whether any player would do it for Whyte.

I'm purely talking short term to see us through to the end of the season. His versatility combined with his personality makes him, for me, pretty important. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea. This situation though shows up the farce of the transfer window.

Also, this could be wrong, but I had seen somewhere that players would be classed as creditors and therefore would help make up the 75% that wouldn't be HMRC so possibly keeping the high earners would benefit us assuming they were flexible. Dunno how accurate this is. A wee question though, if this is the case does the debt owed to them total their wages for the length of their contract i.e. 52 weeks @ 20k for example?

It will be more a case of asking players to accept lower wages "to help the club" than of getting rid of them. Say the wage bill is £5m per month, if you could knock £1m off that it's a lot of money. The fans support is crucial here as well, what team is on the park will be a direct reflection of the income generated in this period.