Sell the players ?

Craig, we need to keep Naismith, keep a strong defence and release players with no resale value who are in the higher wage bracket.

These are the players I'd sell or release:

McGregor - Try to get £10m. Accept no less than £6.5m.

Whittaker - Try to get £3m. Accept no less than £2m.

Broadfoot - Release because he's a dick.

Papac - Time to call it day big man - Release.

Ortiz - Try to get £500k. Accept £300k.

Davis - Try to get £4m. Accept no less than £2.5m

Edu - Try to get £2m. Accept no less than £1m.

McCulloch - Time to call it day big man - Release.

McKay - Try to get £500k. Accept £300k.

Lafferty - Try to get £2.5m. Accept no less than £1.5m.

Healy - Release.

That's it. I'd keep the rest and it'll leave us with a very strong SPL team. :tu:

Alexander

Cole

Goian

Bocanegra

Perry

Wallace

Aluko?

Bedoya

Hutton

Ness

McCabe

Fleck

Celik

Wylde

Naismith

Hemmings

Little (contract ends in summer??)

Edited by Zappa

Is that right about Aluko, we can't offer him a new contract? He's currently a Rangers player so surely we can offer him a contract but only up until his current contract expires?

Craig, some of your player valuations are miles off. No way would we get £4m for Davis, £5m for McGregor, £500k for Alexander or £2m for Lafferty.

Perhaps try to grasp the concept rather than the figure, instead of having a dig.

Wind your neck in chief, Juffrey was only having a laugh. Try to grab your sense of humour instead of being like a woman on her dabs. ;)

We could look for £10m for Davis but we're not in a state to set a valuation on any of our players.

Surely we can offer signed players new contracts if we can't then they can just walk away for nothing where's the financial sense in that.

I might be wrong, but when a club is in administration they look to massive reduce all major costs. And one of the biggest ones is weekly wages to the first team squad. It makes more financial sense to sell or release a high earner than it does to retain them. My uneducated guess is that almost all the earners over £5K a week are at risk of either being sold or being released from their contracts.

I might be wrong, but when a club is in administration they look to massive reduce all major costs. And one of the biggest ones is weekly wages to the first team squad. It makes more financial sense to sell or release a high earner than it does to retain them. My uneducated guess is that almost all the earners over £5K a week are at risk of either being sold or being released from their contracts.

Can't really sell anybody, not sure many would take a termination either as it would cost. Some might want to stay so that they can be sold for money rather than cost the club. Its hard to do but if it was the transfer window our playing squad would be pretty much an U-19 team.

When players leave, which is imminent, then who knows what we have in the wells our youth sides. There's young guys in there who'll bust a gut to play for Rangers, some will be like rabbits caught in headlights and others who will excel.

When the 'big' guy leaves it opens the door for some 'whippersnapper' to walk on that park. We may win fuckall this season but we could unearth some interesting gems. I'm sure there are future stars in there somewhere. We did hammer Partick Thistle 12-0 last week.

If the administrator got shot of Broadfoot, Papac, McCulloch and Healy right now it would probably cut >£40k per week off the wage bill immediately. Three of them are Rangers fans themselves, so it would be heart breaking for them, but it's a heart breaking time for everyone and if players need to go immediately to save wages those would be my first choices.