Sell the players ?

4 million for Davis? You on crack?

Perhaps try to grasp the concept rather than the figure, instead of having a dig.

The main thrust of the post is would we, as supporters, be accepting of selling our best players and playing younger, cheaper waged players and probably not challenging for honours for a couple of years, but providing much needed financial assistance to see the club survive.

EDIT : Apologies for being a bit tetchy juff, but we all are running on raw emotion right now. I was merely trying to be constructive, looking for viable solutions. To see a "are you stupid" type post isnt helping my mental state right now :(

Edited by craig

Another issue is the likes of Celik and Bedoya who have already played for two clubs and cannot play for a third until next season.

Sorry but you are wrong, different season about to start in Sweden and the both played in 2011 not the 2012 season. Its complicated but they can play for another Swedish or Scandinavian club if they want...

Craig it wasn't a you are stupid post, it was obviously a you're on drugs post. I've advocated this approach since MacLeish was buying mladenovic and the likes to try and get us on a stable footing, so with this you're preaching to the converted in my case. Even if we were in a healthy selling position we would be lucky to get about 2.5 for Davis. He's not cut out for the EPL. The players you've listed I reckon we should be happy with between 12-14 million. The wages saved would be the big deal here. With the administration in place, we would be lucky to get about 8 million. Still, it is something and I apologise if my initial post appeared flippant and messed with your crack-ravaged mind ;-)

That was a joke btw

Sorry but you are wrong, different season about to start in Sweden and the both played in 2011 not the 2012 season. Its complicated but they can play for another Swedish or Scandinavian club if they want...

Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure. I wasn't sure if it was maybe in a calender year. But surely that will limit who we can sell them to?

If we were starting from the third division, that gives us three years. With the name, the support and the history surely getting back to the SPL would be a formality. Once there, I honestly don't think it would take long before the status quo would return.