will McCoist still be in job with new owners?

He will get this season and leave, or be asked to leave, or not get his contract renewed. Really a pishy time to be a manager of our club but even without the problems that have surfaced we weren't doing great. He needed to do a managerial job away from us. He is a Walter clone but can't seem to get the players up even though today would have been tough for them but the crowd was there to cheer them on.

I'll come straight out and say that I don't want Ally as manager of our club after all the financial stuff is sorted out. Watching that team today I could see no sign whatever of any team plan or organisation. That unfortunately has been the case for just about every home game this season and several of the away games too although the opposition coming onto us does seems to help a bit away from home. Bottom line is that Ally seems to have no plan whatsoever to deal with organised defences.

We have much bigger problems facing us but once they are sorted out the problem with the manager will also need to be addressed.

I'm not denying that Ally appears to have his faults. His tactics and use of subs has been poor, but really what more motivation should these guys need? People like Healy, Davis, McCulloch are supposed massive fans of the club. Papac, Bocanegra, Goian are seasoned pros who should have a certain degree of professional pride. Then there is the fact that these guys should, if nothing else, be playing for the fact that they could be out of a job anytime soon and be hoping that they will catch someones eye and have a job next season.

Apart from not having funds to release him and pay for a replacement, Jelavic and Naismith probably kept McCoist in a job until now, their ability seemed to be the difference in winning games and since they have both been out of the team we look awful and lack any new ideas. McCoist just doesnt seem willing to change things week after week.

I thought McCoist would be his own man, be a more adventuroues manager and play more attacking football but he seems to have taken the words 'set out not to lose' from Walter onboard. Yet WS could win matches.

I dont have confidence in the trio, Ally, Kenny and Durrant. From day 1 i felt a experience No.2 should be helping Ally out and would have made the difference. Ray Wilkins is always the first name that comes to mind.

Players need to take responsibility but they arent picking the team and tactics. They also cant drop themselves when in a bad run of form.

I suspect what the club needs is fresh thinking and a change of ideas in the way its run both on and off the park. I'd hope that new owners or investors would insist on looking at everything from coaching, scouting, youth policy etc. Finishing second is always seen as failure, but if the playing squad is decimated due to administration, this is the one chance we'll have to rebuild properly and put foundations down for years to come which could see us being completely self-sustainable and maybe even playing better football which would see us prosper in Europe without breaking the bank.

Off the pitch he has been a collosus. On the pitch, this season has been a car crash waiting to happen from quite early on.

We were lucky that Celtic stuttered at the start of the season but once they got into their stride, all of the frailties of our squad have been exposed. Regularly.

I'm loathe to criticise Ally too much though. It is evident that any real attempts to strengthen his squad (aside from tying up some players on long-term deals) have been thwarted by Whyte and he has been forced to bring in some bit part squad fillers who are not good enough - or, at least don't appear to be (Aluko excepted).

Well, if he was to play them we might find out. And if he was to play them in the right position that might help too

Agreed. Playing players out of position and the lack of tactical structure to our play have been worrying me too.

Guest superrcooper7

WS did exactly the same thing for years too though didn't he?

I do agree with everyone, he needs to start again with his tactics and team selection. I can't swee the point in getting rid of him, not sure who else we could get if we could get anybody at this time anyway.