Whyte theory

Just hearsay, take it with a pinch of salt, buuuuuuuuuut...

Heard from a broadcaster friend of mine that there's a theory going around that Whyte is indeed just a patsy, someone who was appointed by SDM because he didn't want administration on his CV.

Idea was to bring in this guy with no background on his record, he'd steer the club through this abysmal spell, then the club would be sold on to someone who could take it forward.

/salt.

I have heard that previously as well...

However with the recent reports of possible illegal dealings etc, I am starting to find the whole Patsy theory a bit far fetched.

With regard to the latter, I'd still be massively surprised if the Murray, Lloyds and Ticketus folk were all "conned" by Whyte and his lot. So at least with regard to Murray, I would think that this rumour might have some substance - not that we'll ever find out.

This has been going about since before Whyte even bought the club and I fail to see that there's any substence to the rumour. Everything about the financial situation of SDM and MIH and their relationship with LTSB suggests that it's pile of crap.

I think the reasoning behind such theories, is that the most common theory about Whyte just robbing us in broad daylight, makes about as much sense as a pile of crap...

He seems to be doing it in front of our eyes but nobody can see how he will get away with it - he'll surely suffer some kind of retribution?

Just hearsay, take it with a pinch of salt, buuuuuuuuuut...

Heard from a broadcaster friend of mine that there's a theory going around that Whyte is indeed just a patsy, someone who was appointed by SDM because he didn't want administration on his CV.

Idea was to bring in this guy with no background on his record, he'd steer the club through this abysmal spell, then the club would be sold on to someone who could take it forward.

/salt.

That could have been easily achieved without killing the club, all Murray had to do was withdraw from the FTT then Whyte could've filed for administration.

As much as Murray was/is at fault this was no part of any master-plan.

I think the reasoning behind such theories, is that the most common theory about Whyte just robbing us in broad daylight, makes about as much sense as a pile of crap...

He seems to be doing it in front of our eyes but nobody can see how he will get away with it - he'll surely suffer some kind of retribution?

There are a number of different scenarios whereby Whyte could have potentially got away with it. I don't have time to go into them but they involve the Ticketus deal not becoming public knowledge and keeping it off-balance sheet. Not quite a pile of crap.