Paul Murray in countdown to rescue Rangers

Why do you say that, GA? Lack of funds between them?

One of the factors BD I don't think they have 10mill+ each to just give to Rangers. I've not spoken to Saty or Bobby Singh for a wee while but neither of them ever gave me the impression they would be up for buying into Rangers, helping Rangers in anyway they can yes, out with actual investment.

I would be concerned that if P Murray is looking for 6 or more investors then none of them have "real" funds. While financial stability is crucial a decent sum for a summer transfer kitty would be nice with continued investment year on year without needing European football to guarantee it.

One of the factors BD I don't think they have 10mill+ each to just give to Rangers. I've not spoken to Saty or Bobby Singh for a wee while but neither of them ever gave me the impression they would be up for buying into Rangers, helping Rangers in anyway they can yes, out with actual investment.

No I don't think they do either. Last I heard Smillie was prepared to put in about £1-2M but I doubt DP has that amount of spare cash (but he is in cahoots with King). As you suggest it would take 3-4 in the £10M+ category, hard to see where they are coming from.

Yeah, I'd agree about Satty. I don't think he'd be interested in putting much money into the club. Also like you and BH, I can't see Smillie or Park being able to invest anything more than 2-3m each.

Yeah, I'd agree about Satty. I don't think he'd be interested in putting much money into the club. Also like you and BH, I can't see Smillie or Park being able to invest anything more than 2-3m each.

Which begs the question where is the money coming from. Is there someone we've not heard of yet, I don't believe King is footing the whole bill himself.

I get the feeling that they're still trying to smoke out a heavyweight investor or two otherwise they wouldn't have been making the whole thing so public. In fact Paul Murray was on Sportsound not long after we went into administration calling for anyone interested in helping the club to step forward and get involved. At that point he clearly didn't have a viable consortium organised and I seriously doubt if he does now either.