Paul Murray in countdown to rescue Rangers

I thought jim McColl was mentioned. Is Tom Hunter not another possibility. Duncan Bannatyne ?

Jim McColl was the "Mr Big" client of solicitors who was going to underwrite the RST bid in 2010. But when he took the RST plan to the bank, they showed it to SDM (or so the story goes) and he called his hack Traynor who promply blew it out the water and McColl ran for cover.

I am told that he not in the least bit interested in buying Rangers (he certainly was not interested in having a public role back then and given what's happened since can't see him being any more enthusiastic now) but that could all be a smokescreen and I will make more enquiries.

There was bad blood between him and SDM so with SDM off the scene? there might be a way back for him.

What a way for McColl to two stick to fingers up to SDM, help the supporters to get Rangers back on it's feet and onwards to a secure future. He becomes a hero to thousands of Bears and secures his place in our history. WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING A MULTI MILLIONAIRE IF YOU CANT BRING HAPPINESS INTO PEOPLES LIFE.

Edited by aweebluesoandso
spelling

Is there much known about this guy Kennedy who keeps getting mentioned or is he another Whyte who has nothing really to offer and seeking publicity.

Kennedy's wealth is traceable at least and he does have other sporting interests. I don't think he is serious though.

Maybe I'm just a little bit Boomtown Rat this morning but I don't think anyone is even close to saving us. More likely to wait for the bottom to drop out and step in and pick up the pieces.

There needs to be reassurance on the big tax case before anything happens. Although we are in administration, I don't see any signs yet of it being included in the process. I'm unaware whether it will be or not.

There needs to be reassurance on the big tax case before anything happens. Although we are in administration, I don't see any signs yet of it being included in the process. I'm unaware whether it will be or not.

When is the decision due it seems to have been the next 14 days for about a month, it's getting worse than the next 48hrs transfer thread.