Ronald Koeman on Feyenoord and Rangers similarities

Really believe we had this chance when PLG was in charge and giving guys like Adam a chance. If it meant survival then we should be prepared to take the hit. Survival as Rangers est 1873 is more important than winning the league or qualification for europe. I would dearly love to see a return of the days when the business of Rangers FC was conducted in private and not on the back or front page of some tabloid.

The likes of Perry, Hutton and Ness are ready. Will we get Fleck back? Is the lad Cole good enough?

Fleck was built up by alot of people to be the next big thing I find it really disheartening that he has never ever really been given a chance. I would love to know why? Perhaps somebody on the forum knows...m

The likes of Perry, Hutton and Ness are ready. Will we get Fleck back? Is the lad Cole good enough?

Fleck was built up by alot of people to be the next big thing I find it really disheartening that he has never ever really been given a chance. I would love to know why? Perhaps somebody on the forum knows...m

Really believe we had this chance when PLG was in charge and giving guys like Adam a chance. If it meant survival then we should be prepared to take the hit. Survival as Rangers est 1873 is more important than winning the league or qualification for europe. I would dearly love to see a return of the days when the business of Rangers FC was conducted in private and not on the back or front page of some tabloid.

Now is the time to make it happen and it stands more chance of being accepted as we're on the verge of something terrible.

Le Guen had too many big heads in the dressing room to do things his way.

I still don't know what position Fleck was destined to play. Striker? No 10? Left side of a front 3? Holding midfield?

Our clubs failure to embrace the youth system is a major reason were in the mess were in now. weve thrown fortunes down the drain buying in players who were little or no better than the kids who were shown the door.

There is a major lesson to be learned here for the next owner(s) of the club. Throwing money at the manager isn't a recipe for success.

I have been saying for years that the Ajax youth system was not near the model that people seem to think it is. They are light years behind Feynoord, in fact I believe they were only classed as 7th in Holland. I don't think Robin van Persie ever played a first team game for Feynoord but he did come through their youth system. Also don't forget that the grass root system in Holland is far superior to that in Scotland. What Rangers will also have to do is also be on the ball with players who are available on loan from all the big clubs. Feynoord loaned John Guidetti from Man City this season after he had already had an agreement with FC Twente but the 19 year old has really been brilliant this season. To be honest I think Koeman is a little over generous saying 80% of his team have come through the youth system. I would say it is less than that.

Mulder;-youth

Mokotjo,- Didn't really come through their acadamy he was scouted in South Africa and loaned to excelsior

Vlaar,-Az

Martins Indi,- Youth

Nelom;-Youth

Clasie,- Youth

Bakkal,- Loan from PSV

El Ahmadi; Twente

Schaken, VVV Venlo

Fernandez- Excelsior

Cabral.-Youth

5 from 11 is not 80% I would say.