Where does all this leave Ally?

I posted earlier in this thread and said I wouldn't be sucked in again.

I've been sucked....Cumbernauld everything you say is correct, Ally did lose out in cup competitions to sides we should be sweeping aside and 'lost' a 15 point advantage but give the guy a bit of slack, the people you are playing on here want to give him another chance, respect that view, you've made your point perfectly and I do agree with you but I'm leaning to go with Ally for at least another season mate.

Probably because as a player he is a legend, lets wait and see.

I do respect everybody's view on here mate, it's a great site and this thread has proved it. Great debate without the normal name calling and so on of the other sites.

Tbhi will make this my last post on the matter, as you say all we can do is wait and see but i for one would just like a new start in terms of owners and management.

I do respect everybody's view on here mate, it's a great site and this thread has proved it. Great debate without the normal name calling and so on of the other sites.

Tbhi will make this my last post on the matter, as you say all we can do is wait and see but i for one would just like a new start in terms of owners and management.

That is also a very appropriate point(well hopefully) and certainly worth discussion and not name calling. To be honest I have been a big critic of Ally but I would find it really hard to kick him in the balls after what he has done over the last month. That is why I am all for giving him another season. Knowing the SF©A we will probably be starting 15 points behind everyone anyway so not many managers will be jumping to take over.

That is also a very appropriate point(well hopefully) and certainly worth discussion and not name calling. To be honest I have been a big critic of Ally but I would find it really hard to kick him in the balls after what he has done over the last month. That is why I am all for giving him another season. Knowing the SF©A we will probably be starting 15 points behind everyone anyway so not many managers will be jumping to take over.

I'm of a similar opinion, although results have been poor he has had a shit run of things off field and probably lied to by Whyte.

That is also a very appropriate point(well hopefully) and certainly worth discussion and not name calling. To be honest I have been a big critic of Ally but I would find it really hard to kick him in the balls after what he has done over the last month. That is why I am all for giving him another season. Knowing the SF©A we will probably be starting 15 points behind everyone anyway so not many managers will be jumping to take over.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my last post was going to be my last but here i go again ha ha.

The part in bold is just not true mate. We have had this rubbish talked about over and over again. First alot of managers would want to managed Rangers and second the very very high wage Ally is on would attract alot of people to the job. It's just not true that we could not get a better and prob cheaper manager.

Edited by CumbernauldGers

They both had a bigger and better squad to work with in those seasons than what Ally has had to work with this season Danny, so I don't think it's an unfair comparison when all things are considered. If anything, Ally should be given a major break under the circumstances compared to those seasons because he's a rookie manager and also because he's had a lesser squad in terms of size and quality to work with.

You've done zero to persuade me that comparing his first season with their final seasons is valid in any way. They'd both come to the end of their eras and both were performing abysmally - the quality of the squad doesn't matter when the results are so poor. Both lost to Celtic.

tbh, I don't see anything in your post which really addresses the point I made.

If you want a fair comparison, you compare both Eck and Dick's first season with Ally's. Remember, Eck inherited a flaky Advocaat squad which was low on morale, and Dick spent a shitload of cash bringing in many new players which all had to gel immediately.

Ally's first season has also seen many new players come in, even if quite a few were bad buys.

I just don't think, on any level, comparing one manager's first season with any predecessor's final has a basis for fair reflection.

If you do a stat comparison of their first seasons, I'd completely listen to that.

In their final seasons? Dick lost by a mile to MON's revolution, and Eck was crushed by WGS. Or do I misunderstand?

Yeah they both lost to a distinctly average Celtic squad, imo. MON was a revelation for them & we really should have beaten them easily with our squads, imo of course. Todays Celtic is a very good squad being run by an inexperienced manager.