Where does all this leave Ally?

As i have asked, will anybody in favour of Ally and saying he is a good boss please tell us why your think that? Anything??

So far this season in the league we've won 20, drawn 4 and lost 5. There's still 9 games to play.

At the end of the 05/06 season under Eck we had won 21, drawn 10 and lost 7. That was with a bigger and better squad of players.

At the end of the 00/01 season under Dick we had won 26, drawn 4 and lost 8. That was with one of the biggest and best squads of players we've had in decades.

So.... all things considered I think we're doing ok under Ally. You can be sure that he knew about our financial issues last summer when he was looking to build a new squad and Whyte wasn't stumping up the cash. It's just been a downhill jouney since then and I certainly don't blame Ally for it.

Yes, he's made numerous mistakes, but for a rookie manager I think he's done well in the circumstances, especially with all the injuries and Whyte selling Jelavic right at the end of the transfer window.

The work Ally has being doing through the crisis has been excellent but it is the work of a general manager he has done and not a football manager. Ally still does need to prove himself as a football manager but he certainly deserves a shot when the waters are less stormy. It is easy to say that the background dealings were not affecting the players but I think you will find in any job rumours, tensions and possibly stress will certainly affect performances.

The only problem with this talk mate is we need to deal with the hear and now,

That's not true at all, you have to judge the entire season.

he has failed big time. We only had a lead due to celtic having a very bad start, once they got going Ally and the team feel apart, and this was way before the admin.

No, what made the difference, football wise till we went into admin, purely and simply, was the loss of our best player Naismith.

As i have asked, will anybody in favour of Ally and saying he is a good boss please tell us why your think that? Anything??

I can't speak for anyone else but I have a huge amount of respect for Ally's conduct this entire season, under incredibly trying circumstances - such circumstances that it's hard to judge at all if he's a good or bad manager. As such doesn't he deserve a clean second season to hopefully build his own first team and see how he goes? If he fails to challenge Celtic, ok, we move on, but he at least deserves the chance.

So, if anyone else here is calling him a good manager, I guess it's up to them to justify why. Just like I feel you should explain why he's a bad manager.

I posted earlier in this thread and said I wouldn't be sucked in again.

I've been sucked....Cumbernauld everything you say is correct, Ally did lose out in cup competitions to sides we should be sweeping aside

Walter lost to Kaunas. Even the master has made errors.

and 'lost' a 15 point advantage

Effectively yes, but it was due to losing his best player. I will admit he didn't find another solution, but with the threadbare squad we ended up with, I'm not sure who would have.

but give the guy a bit of slack, the people you are playing on here want to give him another chance, respect that view, you've made your point perfectly and I do agree with you but I'm leaning to go with Ally for at least another season mate.

Probably because as a player he is a legend, lets wait and see.

Waiting and seeing is pretty much the fairest way to go about it.

So far this season in the league we've won 20, drawn 4 and lost 5. There's still 9 games to play.

At the end of the 05/06 season under Eck we had won 21, drawn 10 and lost 7. That was with a bigger and better squad of players.

At the end of the 00/01 season under Dick we had won 26, drawn 4 and lost 8. That was with one of the biggest and best squads of players we've had in decades.

So.... all things considered I think we're doing ok under Ally. You can be sure that he knew about our financial issues last summer when he was looking to build a new squad and Whyte wasn't stumping up the cash. It's just been a downhill jouney since then and I certainly don't blame Ally for it.

Yes, he's made numerous mistakes, but for a rookie manager I think he's done well in the circumstances, especially with all the injuries and Whyte selling Jelavic right at the end of the transfer window.

I'm more on your side than CG's, but I have to take issue with your stats. You're comparing Ally's maiden season with Eck and Dick's final ones, seasons where the rails had come off and they were doing abysmally. Both lost those leagues.

If you want to be accurate, comparing with their first seasons would be a bit fairer.

I'm more on your side than CG's, but I have to take issue with your stats. You're comparing Ally's maiden season with Eck and Dick's final ones, seasons where the rails had come off and they were doing abysmally. Both lost those leagues.

If you want to be accurate, comparing with their first seasons would be a bit fairer.

They both had a bigger and better squad to work with in those seasons than what Ally has had to work with this season Danny, so I don't think it's an unfair comparison when all things are considered. If anything, Ally should be given a major break under the circumstances compared to those seasons because he's a rookie manager and also because he's had a lesser squad in terms of size and quality to work with.

They both had a bigger and better squad to work with in those seasons than what Ally has had to work with this season Danny, so I don't think it's an unfair comparison when all things are considered. If anything, Ally should be given a major break under the circumstances compared to those seasons because he's a rookie manager and also because he's had a lesser squad in terms of size and quality to work with.

Just getting things back to the subject of football, I'm wondering where this season's performances on the pitch mean for Ally's future?

I'll preface this by saying we obviously have to take the off-field situation in to account, but is there a danger that we let this overshadow the fact that we've been dumped out of Europe twice by teams with far less resources than us and blow a lead in the title which could have left us still in the chase for the sole even after the 10 point deduction?

There's been some fairly abject performances along the way and while McCoist's leadership skills off the park during this time of crisis are to be commended, has he shown enough to be given another chance?

I certainly don't want Ally to continue as manager, but i think it'd be only right that he continue in a PR role at the Stadium. We could do with shifting Jardine too and to be honest when John Greig was at Ibrox in a PR role it was really taking the piss - no offence to John but he's hardly the most diplomatic/articulate of men.

I'd get an experienced man in like Jimmy Calderwood (unless Walter fancies another return) or even Craig Brown, as i feel they'll not be wanting (as Ally did) please all of the people all of the time, that was always gonna be Ally's achilles...