Save Rangers Portocabin

Seems to me the number of online 'pledgers' are gonna peter out at around the 15,000 mark. As others have said there's many Rangers fans that don't go on the internet so with that in mind why don't the group organise a Portocabin to promote the scheme and collect more names and pledges?

Good idea or not?

Edited by A Horse With No Name

I thought this was another fund being set up, was thinking to myself "does Rangers have a Portakabin?"

Something does need to be organised for non techy fans though mate.

With there being no Rangers News etc it would seem the most obvious route to take. Can't see the 'JJB store' giving over some room...

Should be fairly simple promoting it at the remaining games this season and taking names etc.

I don't saee the point. It seems that SaveRangers is tied into the BKs bid for the club and until their plans are further clarified then further pledges are meaningless. The website has achieved its aim by focusing fans on what may be required post-Whyte and to get the fans organisations a seat at the BK's table.

Obviously, it also showed to any potential bidder that there is a will to invest into the club from within the fan-base. So if he/they is/are smart enough, they will take over and try to utilze this fanbase too, maybe not instantly, but in months and years to come. There is not exactly a need to do all the good stuff within a fortnight or so, even though for most of the supporters this is a burning issue.

IMHO, the club would be best served if a new owner / owners take/s us out of administration now, has enough cash/financial power to sustain us on his/their own, but also initiate a club driven club membership scheme which gives the members a certain say about club matters too, German style, via a trusted spokesperson (i.e. "president") a la Walter Smith. The more members we have, the stronger is the clubs financial basis and the word this spokesperson (voted for annually, perhaps) is. Utopian for a British club, not so in Europe.

There will be an announcement tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest re a fighting fund with Walter Smith at the head of it , the purpose will be to help out with any monthly shortfalls before the club is sold

... or try the old ways and place an advert in the local papers. Will initially cost a few pounds, but might be worthwhile in the long run.

That would be good too but I'd say the Portocabin (home and away) is best because human nature being what it is fans wanna be seen 'stepping up to the plate' and to be honest it is much more empowering to them. For far too long we have been treated as customers rather than what we are.

We are the heartbeat of Rangers FC - We Are The People!