Blue Knights Named

I'm told there will be at least a few more names added over the coming days.

Also I don't think any one individual will be putting in 'millions more' than anyone else. In fact, each individual investment may be quite low comparatively speaking as it stands (certainly not millions of pounds each).

But are TicketUs putting any new money in or is their existing liability being converted to shares rather than tickets?

I've asked that question in another thread. is it just a "loan" till the club offers shares to fans? More investigation and clarity is needed on this subject very quickly

I'm told there will be at least a few more names added over the coming days.

Also I don't think any one individual will be putting in 'millions more' than anyone else. In fact, each individual investment may be quite low comparatively speaking as it stands (certainly not millions of pounds each).

Bang on the money.

Don't want the super wealthy in as the support can bridge the gap by share issues and membership schemes.

Murray revealed exiled tycoon Dave King, the club’s second biggest shareholder, will not plough any of his millions into the Blue Knights consortium until he has ended his battle with the taxman in South Africa.

That caused a wry smile. For by the time that happens, Rangers will have clocked up titles 55 to 60.

Much of what will happen still depends on the "big case" result, which should be due anytime soon, as the time is rapidly running out since they closed their case in January. You would hope that the people concerned see the need to get their act together, one way or another.

As for Ticketus, as Leggat says, the BKs may use them for the time being to have a "floating charge" facility as long as there is no bank willing to establish this for us (because of the "big case").

While the one-man ownership clearly has its disadvantages (you do wonder how many British club have that in place and running smoothly, while the failures are the only ones who get highlighted), I am not sure how such a "consortium" will run a club. Some people need to reign their egos and stay in the background, while sensible folk need to keep all things on course. Hm ...

I think the announcement of the Ticketus involvement, together with the fact that only 4 have signed up, means that the Blue Knoghts campaign to buy the club is seriously flawed.

It was promised to leading fans reps that Paul Murray had between 15-20 millionaires on board with each putting in at least £1M to get the thing up and running, and then a serious share issue and expanded board would be done in the coming season.

As this was over 2 weeks ago and they are now admitting they only have 4 members, and that their richest member (King) has withdrawn, it is now clear to see why they jumped into bed with Ticketus, which serves both of them well, but I would argue does not serve the club well. It is generally accepted that Ticketus are in a very bad spot and stand to lose their entire £24M in this deal, so it is easy to see why they would want to do a deal. As For Murray, the only reason to jump in with them is to try to keep his dream of ownership alive. A last resort of a desperate man in my book.

As for other contenders, Brian Kennedy looks to be the front-runner, and it is rumoured that Coisty has spent a lot of time with him in the last week to go over his ideas for the club. A Singapore group is also rumoured to be serious players, and have sepnt a six figure sum already on doing their homework for the deal.

As for us the fans, all we can do is get behind the Fighting Fund, buy tickets for our remaining league and friendly matches, buy the scarves, support your local RSC fundraisers which will all be happening soon, and get behind the Manager and team.

I think the announcement of the Ticketus involvement, together with the fact that only 4 have signed up, means that the Blue Knoghts campaign to buy the club is seriously flawed.

It was promised to leading fans reps that Paul Murray had between 15-20 millionaires on board with each putting in at least £1M to get the thing up and running, and then a serious share issue and expanded board would be done in the coming season.

As this was over 2 weeks ago and they are now admitting they only have 4 members, and that their richest member (King) has withdrawn, it is now clear to see why they jumped into bed with Ticketus, which serves both of them well, but I would argue does not serve the club well. It is generally accepted that Ticketus are in a very bad spot and stand to lose their entire £24M in this deal, so it is easy to see why they would want to do a deal. As For Murray, the only reason to jump in with them is to try to keep his dream of ownership alive. A last resort of a desperate man in my book.

As for other contenders, Brian Kennedy looks to be the front-runner, and it is rumoured that Coisty has spent a lot of time with him in the last week to go over his ideas for the club. A Singapore group is also rumoured to be serious players, and have sepnt a six figure sum already on doing their homework for the deal.

As for us the fans, all we can do is get behind the Fighting Fund, buy tickets for our remaining league and friendly matches, buy the scarves, support your local RSC fundraisers which will all be happening soon, and get behind the Manager and team.

That makes a lot of sense to me mate

Ex-Rangers director Paul Murray insists it will be easier for the financially-crippled club to exit administration with Ticketus on board supporting their bid.

The London-based investment firm were named as surprise backers of Murray's Blue Knights consortium bid when details of his proposed takeover were revealed on Friday.

Current incumbent Craig Whyte gained control of the SPL giants via the £24.4million secured from Ticketus against sales of 100,000 future season tickets.

Under the terms of Whyte's deal with Ticketus, Rangers will be hamstrung by massive repayments at the start of the next three seasons, leaving them exposed to serious financial peril for the foreseeable future.

Murray believes as Ticketus are the largest stakeholder in the club they more than anyone are desperate for the Gers to survive and prosper in order to ensure they recoup their investment.

The plan will alleviate the pressure on the club's debt with Ticketus and parent company Octopus backing the Blue Knights' cash offer and pledging to provide running costs until a share issue launch, which would entitle fans to buy a stake in the club.

Combined approach

"Our primary objective is to try to complete a successful CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement) exit from administration. I believe a combined approach with Ticketus makes that easier."

"Ticketus approached me about 10 days ago with a view to supporting our bid," Murray told the Daily Record.

"Our primary objective is to try to complete a successful CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement) exit from administration. I believe a combined approach with Ticketus makes that easier.

"Initially Ticketus were presented in a bad light given their association with Craig Whyte's takeover but they advanced the money in good faith - and remember, that money was used to pay off the club's debt to Lloyd's Banking Group.

"They are also a substantial business who have completed 50-60 football ticket deals. Some say Ticketus have no rights and no security so why deal with them?

"It is a matter of fact, however, that they are the largest stakeholder in the club, even bigger than HMRC. They therefore have a complete alignment of interest with us to see the club survive and then prosper.

"There are two parties involved as creditors - HMRC and Ticketus - and the last thing the club needs right now is any kind of long legal battle. If we move forward with Ticketus we can proceed in the best interests of the club."

Consortium

Those involved behind the scenes in the Blue Knights consortium have remained a mystery, but now Murray has revealed Scots motoring tycoon Douglas Park along with John Bennett and Scott Murdoch are among those interested.

"The Rangers supporters want to know who the Blue Knights are," Murray told the Daily Record.

"To date, I have chosen to be the public face because I have the most knowledge of the situation and I am trying to provide a focal point for people to engage with.

"I also did not want to name individuals publicly until everyone was happy.

"This has been a complex and fast-moving situation so I wanted to choose the appropriate time to 'launch' our plan. That time is now.

"There are still discussions taking place with a number of individuals so the group is not final but it is beginning to become clearer.

"There is room for anyone else who wishes to step forward. We need individuals with money and ideas who can help move Rangers forward. I can confirm that some of the people who have expressed interest so far are Douglas Park, a successful and well-known Scottish businessman, John Bennett, a London-based fund manager, and Scott Murdoch, managing partner of a London-based international property advisory company."

Not sure if this has been already posted.