Blue Knights Named

Anyone "in here" to make money raises the alarm levels. There is hardly a way to make money from a "big" European football club, especially if it is stuck in Scotland. For you'd have to run it at a low key fees- and wages-wise (e.g. like Rosenborg Trondheim, Kopenhagen), with a lot of young, homebred potential involved, as much involvement in European competitions as possible, and a good transfer-out quota. Methinks we would "do well" if we can reach a break-even while being succesfull in the SPL, the rest is more or less wishful thinking. That should be made clear to any foreign bidder, and this is also one of the things pretty clear to any British-based investor.

Edited by der Berliner

Please keep Murray's "blue knights" away from my Club.

Not only do his plans have aforementioned "serious flaws", but they keep changing almost on a daily basis.

He dangled the carrot of "fan ownership" early on to get as many supporters on side as possible, but since then he has failed to produce his alleged backers.

If we remember, THIS is the same plan he suggested when Whyte looked as if he was sealing last year's deal, cobbled together on the spur of the moment!

Nine months or so later, he's still offering up the same master plan.

A big "NO THANKS" from me.

As a former director, would Murray not be considered "fit and proper" by the SFA ?

Only if in 6 months time things start to go wrong with his regime and the SFA need to attack us again.

A Singapore group is also rumoured to be serious players, and have sepnt a six figure sum already on doing their homework for the deal.

I take it the fact that our former owner was in Singapore the day we entered administration having flown there in a private jet in order to flog some plonk and hold some business meetings is purely coincidental ?

I take it the fact that our former owner was in Singapore the day we entered administration having flown there in a private jet in order to flog some plonk and hold some business meetings is purely coincidental ?

No idea at all im afraid. Just the word back from those close to the heart of things. The singapore mob was the least known of all interested parties, but it was confirmed that they had already spent a 6 figure sum and hired a top accy firm to do the background work for them. Not many people/businesses will pump 100K+ into a project if they had no intention of proceeding.

Guest Dutchy

I might be wrong here, but I get the impression the Blue Knights are just trying to save the club by giving us some stability. Once all the BS is out of the way, they can then set in place a proper and viable fans ownership. It's been said many times that they don't really have the wealth, and will probably be said many times more in the coming months, or year.

A fans ownership has many pluses, the main one being, we don't over stretch ourselves and become great by developing our youth and winning with them. If that were to happen, we may be a selling club for the TV riches of other leagues, mainly down south, but that TV may not always be there, but at least we will hopefully not sell ourselves short and may even make some money from developing our youngsters.

It has to be the way forward.

There could be provisions for some to 'invest' in the club, with the full knowledge that their investment will not give big returns, but very good advertisement throughout Europe.

No idea at all im afraid. Just the word back from those close to the heart of things. The singapore mob was the least known of all interested parties, but it was confirmed that they had already spent a 6 figure sum and hired a top accy firm to do the background work for them. Not many people/businesses will pump 100K+ into a project if they had no intention of proceeding.

Fully understand what you're saying, which is why I find our former owners jaunt and the timing of it rather peculiar indeed.