My Blog about Ally and the haters

It's not just as black and white as this thread suggests, I reserve the right to criticise McCoist and/or the players for poor tactics, performance and application despite the challenges and sacrifices that they have faced in recent weeks. That's their job.

To completely right off results and performances goes against the values of our club, granted we've never been through such a bad time off the field but we are a football club and it's the managers job to put out a side he thinks can beat the opposition and I have no doubt Ally has done that however, we face the prospect of losing 4 league games on the spin next week (something that has never happened before IIRC) this is still a concern for me. Had we not had such a commanding lead earlier in the season we could be looking at a bottom 6 finish..or worse.

Ally himself said that results can't be blamed wholly on Administration. It's a big mitigating factor no doubt but if those players were motivated to win in the face of adversity we wouldn't be where are now. On balance though I would be happy to finish the season intact and with McCoist at the helm.

Who is at the helm at the start of season 2012/13 is the big question for me.

I agree, people should be able to discuss the position etc. However, we do not have a Celtic size squad, we are throwing youngsters in to their first games, currently each game is effectively the BIGGEST game of our club ever.

I thought the 2nd half at the weekend was much better performance wise but I did feel that McCabe looked nervous and unsure. This is our lot at the moment. We have to play our young players, it's unfair to dig at them and not give them a proper chance.

I personally - as in my opinion - do not give a shit about never having lost 4 games on the trot before. A few weeks ago we were being told we may not make the end of the season. We could still liquidate. The overall survival vastly outweighs a lot of other stuff at the moment.

As a manager, I would EXPECT Ally to say admin isn't having that much effect. ALL managers know they are not "allowed" "excuses" for losses etc (except Lemmon of course). If Ally did say that, then he would be slagged off for not taking responsibility. He's in a rock and a hard place.

Now, we have the OF this weekend and fuck me I do NOT want to lose nor them to win the league in OUR PLACE. It will be torture. Do you think Ally thinks differently? I certainly don't.

When we have a stronger squad, then I agree we should be able to judge fairly but at the moment we're close to not having a full team + subs to field.

Guest Dutchy
I know plenty have called Ally's tactics in to question recently, but the defeat at the weekend, has to be taken with a pinch of salt. The team was down to it's bare bones, barely enough subs to cover. I still think it's unfair to dig into him just now. HE should be given another go at this. With actual board backing. With funds. Without Craig fucking Whyte talking shite in his ear.

To suggest we "move" Ally into a different role is insulting to him and his status at the club.

I don't think I was digging into him, but you interpret what I have to say anyway you want. You're entitled to do so, and I'm entitled to do it with others, but I'm alsoallowed a right to reply and I'm wondering where exactly I say he is NOT the man for the job?????????

I don't think I was digging into him, but you interpret what I have to say anyway you want. You're entitled to do so, and I'm entitled to do it with others, but I'm alsoallowed a right to reply and I'm wondering where exactly I say he is NOT the man for the job?????????

Chill out. I quote a post in a full as I was responding to your points, not necessarily saying YOU were digging in to him, it's a theme I've seen in a few places. So, Apologies if you felt I was digging ( :D ) at you specifically, it was a more general description of complaints I've seen.

I think temps are running high in here just now on a few threads, it's not something I'm attempting to add to. I should have made myself clearer.

Lot of people getting a bit touchy these days.

Calm down guys and Mazza everything will be ok do you think the Queen will let her team go to the wall in her Diamond Jubilee year, I don't think so. :)

LMAO @ 'guys and Mazza' :D . Get a special mention and everything ;)

The end of what? Have you missed the bit about people and groups putting in bibs for the club?

Are we so hard up now that the team will be wearing bibs instead of proper tops? Who have been donating the bibs?

Or by the end are you talking about the style ( or lack of it )

I agree that bibs won't be very stylish...

Well you are the only confirmed bearette posting but I'm having my doubts about some of the rest. :)

I was a bit concerned when someone mentioned people on here should 'grow a pair'. Tbf balls are the weakest part of a blokes body, I'd rather stick with what I've got :P

I was a bit concerned when someone mentioned people on here should 'grow a pair'. Tbf balls are the weakest part of a blokes body, I'd rather stick with what I've got :P

Well if you did grow a pair at least you would get on Jeremy Kyle. :D