What a difference Clement makes

Welcome back Jeremy, you've made a massive difference to the effectiveness of team and unleashed a Barry Ferguson of old.

Hemdani has rightly been getting praise lately for doing a quiet, consistent job in midfield. However, I've always thought that despite not doing much wrong, he's not really excelling in the holding role.

The young Frenchman has vindicated that opinion by putting in a tremendous display which really shored up the middle of the park, and allowed Fergie to strut his stuff and move up the field into attacking positions. Instead of trying to do two jobs, the captain had the confidence to get on with what he's good at, and we looked a much more potent force for it.

It must also be said, Hemdani looked not bad in central defence and I'm glad he got the nod ahead of the mediocre Rodriguez. I'd still prefer a new, top class centre back in January to partner Papac, especially as Svensson still isn't quite there yet as he showed n a few dodgy moments against the Israelis.

A new centre forward also is on my wish list as it patently obvious that Boyd is not good enough at holding up the ball and he vindicated Le Guen's skepticism of his all round ability.

MacGregor in goal, Papac and a new Centre back in defence, Clement and a rejuvenated Fergusson in midfield and a big striker up front, would in my opinion, give us the solid, strong spine of a team that we need.

That could easily be fleshed out with the likes of the reliable Smith, the exciting Burke, the goal machine boyd and Novo's identical twin brother as well as quite a few others who might play far better from a more solid base.

Totally agree. Clement was outstanding last night, in fact apart from Adam the whole midfield was outstanding. The only thing I could add to the above is perhaps a right back as although Hutton performed his defensive duties well last night I feel as usual he wasted to many passes and gave possesion straight back to the oppostition too many times. There were quite a few occasions where Novo burst up the right wing but Hutton couldn't beat the first man with his through balls.

Agree with most of that but I dont see any reason why Hemdani, Clement and Ferguson can stay in same midfield. Hemdani and Clement protecting and Fergie getting forward in a free role.

The only problem with that is IF we wanted 2 up front we would need a winger to be swaping wings throughout the game.

A 4-3-3 would enable all 3 to play together and I think that would be ideal.

I think it depends on what central defence we use. I'm not sure who to play in there to be honest.

Papac, Hemdani, J-Rod and Svensson all have their fair share of weakness and I'm not sure which combination we should use to cope with the more physical and direct Scottish game.

I'd certainly have Papac as first choice and I wouldn't like to see Hemdani dropped but at this moment in time I'm still undecided about his defensive qualities.

Jury remains out for me.

A 3-5-2 is worth a try maybe!! Harsh on Smith but:

__________________McGregor________________

________Svensson____J Rod_____Papac_______

__________Hemdani__________Clement_______

____Sionko_________Ferguson__________Prso_

_______________Sebo____Novo_____________

:)

A 3-5-2 is worth a try maybe!! Harsh on Smith but:

__________________McGregor________________

________Svensson____J Rod_____Papac_______

__________Hemdani__________Clement_______

____Sionko_________Ferguson__________Prso_

_______________Sebo____Novo_____________

:)

Gotta put Smith in there somewhere, i dunno where though, lol.

............MacGregor

NewRB NewCB Papac Smith

............Clement

............Ferguson NewLM

Burke

.........NewCF Boyd

Letizi, Psro, Novo, Sebo, Sionko, Svensson and Hemdani on the bench.

Hutton, Adam, Murray in reserve.

Get rid of Klos, Ricksen, Buffel, Rodriguez, Bardsley, Martin and Rae to make room for the 4 new players.

............MacGregor

NewRB NewCB Papac Smith

............Clement

............Ferguson NewLM

Burke

.........NewCF Boyd

Letizi, Psro, Novo, Sebo, Sionko, Svensson and Hemdani on the bench.

Hutton, Adam, Murray in reserve.

Get rid of Klos, Ricksen, Buffel, Rodriguez, Bardsley, Martin and Rae to make room for the 4 new players.

On the whole, agreed. At this early stage though I would already get rid of Sionko, better options out there (IF we can recoup some of the transfer fee). He hasn't convinced me other than his 1st 2 games.