Info on Singaporean bid for club

There are definitely growth areas and revenue streams out there that clever worldwide businessmen could exploit with Rangers. TV revenues are poor even in a suppressed market. The "brand" could be sold more aggressively, the US players have sparked a lot of interest over there (Edu, Boca, etc) and with a bit of marketing and some key signings that interest could go through the roof. Tie ups with Ice Hockey, Basketball, Baseball teams etc could be agreed.

The Asian market is also growing at a phenomenal rate, China will have more willing subscribers to a "soccer" channel than Europe soon and the brief appearance of the Indian trialists showed what was achievable. I'm not talking mega millions like Man City but surely the £1m per month deficit could be reduced or even met?

That's the ticket there. My only concern is that the point above would suggest they want to make themselves money as part of their long term project?

Is there really money to be made from owning Rangers?

The reason I was so impressed with BK, was that he has made it clear in the past that he isn't in sport to make money. He wanted to make Rangers self-sufficient as well as maintaining the level of success we have had over the past 140 years.

A noble intention but he hasn't been able to make either Stockport County or Sale Sharks self-sufficient.

Still intrigued (not in a bad way either) with Kennedy's interest.

Frankie ‏ @GersnetOnline

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

Also want to reiterate that bidder very much appreciates that fans are biggest contributor to club. They have been hugely impressed.

It wasn't that long ago when the SPL champions went straight into the CL, the best football competition in the world. I'm probably getting ahead of myself here but with the world wide following Rangers have then why would they not be the best bet for any serious investor. I have dreams of one day playing constantly in the CL with some of the best players on the planet.

Aye, maybe I am getting ahead of myself.

Gazborangers ‏ @gazborangers

· Open

@GersnetOnline So have they assured you they will not liquidate the Club?

Frankie Frankie ‏ @GersnetOnline

Close

@gazborangers Yes, they were very keen to make that clear after erroneous media coverage of last day or two.