VIDEO: Watch dramatic CCTV footage of Scotland striker David Goodwillie's Stree Fight

Seeing this puts a different perspective on this story for me. One which our media hid. Well done David Goodwillie. Should get off with a slap on the wrists.

Seriously? One punch would been enough but he went way over the top in getting revenge on the guy who assaulted Swanson.

I'm all for sticking up for mates but there's a way to do it and that wasn't it from Goodwillie and you have to laugh at him claiming self defence. That went right out the window when you chased him across the street. He's a thug!

Seriously? One punch would been enough but he went way over the top in getting revenge on the guy who assaulted Swanson.

I'm all for sticking up for mates but there's a way to do it and that wasn't it from Goodwillie and you have to laugh at him claiming self defence. That went right out the window when you chased him across the street. He's a thug!

I take it you've never been in a fight? You make sure the guy knows his place. The first punch obviously didn't do enough damage to the twonk so you make sure.

I'd hate to have gutless friends like you

I take it you've never been in a fight? You make sure the guy knows his place. The first punch obviously didn't do enough damage to the twonk so you make sure.

This same arguement came up before with the Dutch keeper getting assaulted on the field. The idea that when you are in a fight if you hit the other guy once he will think "oh well, thats me told now, I wont get involved anymore and will leave it there" is naive and stupid. I agree with you, in a fight give the guy as many digs as it takes to ensure he doesn't come back for more. This situation is a bit different in that Goodwillie isn't protecting himself, but the guy blindsided Swanson and frankly the rights of the original attacker mean very little to me compared to the footballers. Give someones mates a cheap shot and if you get a doing for your troubles well then tough shit. Perhaps it will stop the ned from going around thinking he can punch whoever he wants when they're not looking. Goodwillie may have done society a favour.

And i'm not talking about whats right by law, i'm just talking from own moral standpoint. Attack someone else with no obvious provocation and if you end up getting a hiding well then you deserve it.

That's harsh, it's not gutless.

There is a fine line between defending someone and getting all rage and kicking the shit out of someone. I haven't seen the video, I couldn't give two fucks about Goodwillie - I've only ever heard wankerish things about him.

I agree the original assault is fucking horrific. The sentence is worse & laughable.

*Awaits all the 'but your a girl' shite*

That's harsh, it's not gutless.

There is a fine line between defending someone and getting all rage and kicking the shit out of someone. I haven't seen the video, I couldn't give two fucks about Goodwillie - I've only ever heard wankerish things about him.

I agree the original assault is fucking horrific. The sentence is worse & laughable.

*Awaits all the 'but your a girl' shite*

You're spot on. His motives were sound but his actions weren't.

I'd suggest that someone who puts his life on the line every day he patrols the beat is anything but gutless. One day a guy like him could save someone like you, who got far too heavy with someone who could take him.

I'd suggest that someone who puts his life on the line every day he patrols the beat is anything but gutless. One day a guy like him could save someone like you, who got far too heavy with someone who could take him.

You don;t know me so do not make assumptions please.

Take care, it's a jungle out there

Wind your neck in mate.

And you take it wrong by the way. Granted I've not been inane fights but I take that more to do with the person I am, the friends I have, the places I go and the type of people who are there. Yes, you can never totally rule out someone decking you on the blind side but you can lower the risk.

Gutless? Nah. I'd call it common sense.