VIDEO: Watch dramatic CCTV footage of Scotland striker David Goodwillie's Stree Fight

I must agree with most, If I saw someone hook a mate like that when he did nothing to earn it I would have been on him like a ton of bricks. The guy was a coward and as soon as someone came from the front of him he shit himself. I agree with Gav it still is assault but surely the Judge should also look at the surrounding circumstances. Goodwillie looked like he was trying to calm things in the beginning.

Gav is right in that it is technically an assault. However, I would challenge ANYONE to not see that as an act of defence - not self defense but defense of someone who was cold-cocked, indefensible.

There was a guy out in Bermuda who suffered the same fate (cold-cocked) and was KO'd with one punch, lost two teeth, convulsed and swallowed his tongue - VERY similar set of circumstances in the instance of what happened.

It is BULLSHIT in practical terms to call it an assault although I recognise it is an assault in the eyes of the law.

Some guy clocks Swanson, hangs around as if to say "hey, I did that" (lets be honest, if most of us did that we would be out of there as quick as possible) and then, IMO, gets EXACTLY WHAT HE DESERVES.

Again, typical of the reporting in our sorry little country, is that such a big deal is made of the guy falling over a bucket..... yet very little mention of Swanson being KO'd with a sucker punch AND having a medical condition.

Utter horseshit !

This guy Friel got what he deserved !!

I must agree with most, If I saw someone hook a mate like that when he did nothing to earn it I would have been on him like a ton of bricks. The guy was a coward and as soon as someone came from the front of him he shit himself. I agree with Gav it still is assault but surely the Judge should also look at the surrounding circumstances. Goodwillie looked like he was trying to calm things in the beginning.

Completely agree. Most of us wouldnt have even waited to check on our buddy - and certainly not for as long as Goodwillie did. IMHO Goodwillie showed an incredible amount of restraint.

I can understand him wanting to get a little 'revenge' but did he need to go all Eubank on the guy?

Have you been in a fight? When you're angry at something like this you want to make sure the other guys doesn't get up. DG did that

Have you been in a fight? When you're angry at something like this you want to make sure the other guys doesn't get up. DG did that

Agreed mate let a guy up once when he pleaded he was finished turned my back and got a smack on the back of the head for my troubles, never again put them down keep them down.

Agreed mate let a guy up once when he pleaded he was finished turned my back and got a smack on the back of the head for my troubles, never again put them down keep them down.

I have been a dirty fighter in the past. You hear people saying,"You can't pull hair"

Well garbing a guys hair and slamming his face into my knee and watch his chin dribble down my shins says different :D