The Race for Rangers

If Ticketus are so weak, why haven't D&P followed through with their threat to tear up the ST deal?

I think the general opinion is that Ticketus would struggle in court but would have no option to sue which would be problematic for any new owner - likely court success or not.

IMO, most probable outcome is that Ticketus will agree a deal with the preferred bidder - Knights or not. This gets them a return for their investors and avoids months of court action for the new owner.

There's also the Whyte issue whereupon he may have personal guarantees of his own to Ticketus.

I think the general opinion is that Ticketus would struggle in court but would have no option to sue which would be problematic for any new owner - likely court success or not.

IMO, most probable outcome is that Ticketus will agree a deal with the preferred bidder - Knights or not. This gets them a return for their investors and avoids months of court action for the new owner.

There's also the Whyte issue whereupon he may have personal guarantees of his own to Ticketus.

I certainly don't think that they would have any qualms dumping TBK and going in with another party. I still think that they are in a far better position than was made out by D&P, but given the nonsense they have put out with regard to Whyte's standing, that comes as no surprise.

I certainly don't think that they would have any qualms dumping TBK and going in with another party. I still think that they are in a far better position than was made out by D&P, but given the nonsense they have put out with regard to Whyte's standing, that comes as no surprise.

I don't think certain supporters groups will have any qualms about dumping the BK's and outstretching their tongues into the new owners Sphincter either

Indeed. Ticketus' only loyalty is to their investors - they have to get a return on the season book deal.

With this is mind, we must ask what security they have from the Knights for these extra substantial loans? It's a vital question.

I don't think certain supporters groups will have any qualms about dumping the BK's and outstretching their tongues into the new owners Sphincter either

I think the fan groups made a mistake by lumping in with the Knights so quickly. I can understand their eagerness but they may have been better served viewing the field for a while longer.

I think the fan groups made a mistake by lumping in with the Knights so quickly. I can understand their eagerness but they may have been better served viewing the field for a while longer.

Big time. I know you don;t like people being talked about on here. But if MD gets anywhere near Rangers i will NOT be back. I admit i don;t know much about the man, i also have no doubt he's a Rangers fan. But the fact his name stirs up so much controversy makes me wish he'd be a man and walk away from anything to do with fan/Club contact.

I believe if he was to do that then there would be far more harmony amongst the fans

I'm sure if there was to be any fan supervisory board or just one or two 'ordinary' fans sitting on the executive board, then they'd be elected democratically.

It would be up to Mark or anyone else to make their case in that regard. To be fair to him. he's done a fine job recently in the media in the absence of anyone else rushing forward to speak in such places. However, I'm sure he and the RST are well aware of problems he may also bring.

But like you say I'd rather we didn't concentrate on individuals and more the general principle.