The Race for Rangers

Ok mate i see you have a fellow supporter in this thread that enjoys all things abuseive of fellow fans. Must be a TBK and RST thing.

You seem to conveniently forget that the bid is also supported by the Assembly and Association but you don't seem to be having a go at them.

A floating charge is standard practice in any business's affairs.

Example: Company A owns a property outright where its head office is. It also has an overdraft facility that allows it to trade through good and bad times, perhaps because of seasonal income trends. In order for the bank to allow them an overdraft facility, it is normal for them to hold a "floating charge" over the Company's assets. This means effectively that the Company promises to pay the bank back its money should the need arise, and that it has more than enough big assets to pay the bank back.

The only other ways of getting a facility like an overdraft from a bank is to either give the bank a fixed charge (in the way your bank owns the title to your house while you owe them a mortgage for it) over a particular asset, like a piece of machinery or a property. YOu then cannot sell this asset without the bank's consent, and if your business went bust, it would be that particular asset the bank would sell to get its money back.

Or you can give the bank other assets to retain for you, like gold reserves or a savings account. Although this is more unusual as if you had reserves like this you probably wouldnt need an overdraft in the first place.

All in all, a floating charge is absolutely nothing to worry about, and doesnt mean OUR stadium is being pawned off as part of a finance deal.

You seem to conveniently forget that the bid is also supported by the Assembly and Association but you don't seem to be having a go at them.

I have not mentioned them as i'm going on what has been coming out of the RST, tbh i dont think there has been much if anything from the other 2 groups. Well not in terms of the lies and spin anyway.

Does the stadium being listed as Freehold in the creditors report affect that? Again forgive my ignorance here... ;)

AFAIK freehold simply means it can be sold by the owner as the owner has control of the asset. Apparently it all comes down to control. Freehold you can do as you like with if you own it. Leasehold not quite so.

Freehold property means you have ownership of the property. Leasehold means you have the right to live in the property for a set period of time.

A link which explains a bit : http://www.mortgages.co.uk/advice/buying-freehold-vs-leasehold/

AFAIK freehold simply means it can be sold by the owner as the owner has control of the asset. Apparently it all comes down to control. Freehold you can do as you like with if you own it. Leasehold not quite so.

Freehold property means you have ownership of the property. Leasehold means you have the right to live in the property for a set period of time.

A link which explains a bit : http://www.mortgages.co.uk/advice/buying-freehold-vs-leasehold/

Guys like you have kept me sane these last few weeks. I LOVE Laymens terms :D