The Race for Rangers

I would certainly be prepared to join a RFC club but paying 1000 pound for a share is not something that excites me. I don't care about having a vote to be honest I would just be proud to be a part of Rangers. If we can afford to lose supporters money who cannot afford 1000 pound then I think it is an unfortunate development.

I believe that we are talking about personal guarantees at least to some extent, rather than actual investment, which is what bothers me so much about how the BK's deal appears to be structured.

Do you think Ticketus would accept personal guarantees given what has happened with Whyte?

I'm not so sure.

Do you think Ticketus would accept personal guarantees given what has happened with Whyte?

I'm not so sure.

Yes I do provided that they were CERTAIN that the people involved were not men of straw, realistically what other choice do they have?

Given that they are down £17M-£27M right now, why would they lend another £10M; answer it looks like the best deal they can get. I think I am correct in saying that whilst there was to be no interest on the original "debt" the same does not apply to the proposed new borrowings.

Even if secured by personal guarantees it's hard to see that being at anything less than say Base + 5%, quite conceivably a lot more; no doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong. :surprised:

Bill Gates v Craig Whyte

The point is what should be told and what shouldn't. I personally don't think that you should share all information with everyone, it is not good business practise. I really don't understand why anyone thinks anyone should.

I would certainly be prepared to join a RFC club but paying 1000 pound for a share is not something that excites me. I don't care about having a vote to be honest I would just be proud to be a part of Rangers. If we can afford to lose supporters money who cannot afford 1000 pound then I think it is an unfortunate development.

In my personal opinion an RFC Club with benefits such as season ticket discounts, discounts on merchandise etc etc stands much more chance than a new share issue.

Don't forget that when Fergus did it for Celtic they only had a few hundred shareholders and the fans saw it as away of saving their Club and getting a say in how it was run.

Rangers have approx. 17,000 shareholders, albeit the shares are worthless.

Drastic wage cuts need to be made within the playing squad as there is no way we should be forking out £20k+ per week to SPL standard players. Winning the league would still be a possibility if bringing in good, young players, but if it isn't an instant success, crowds will fall away and any proposed share issue would be a non-starter unless TBK are prepared to underwrite it themselves.

Even if you put doing a deal with Ticketus on Whyte's previous borrowing from them to the side and forget about it for a moment, if The Blue Knights could underwrite a share issue in the very near future I don't see why they would need to be borrowing a large sum of "working capital" from Ticketus that could potentially be used up extremely quickly. Are they prepared to secure the NEW Ticketus borrowing with the major club assets based on a business plan that basically involves the fans paying back the money?