The Race for Rangers

Big time. I know you don;t like people being talked about on here. But if MD gets anywhere near Rangers i will NOT be back. I admit i don;t know much about the man, i also have no doubt he's a Rangers fan. But the fact his name stirs up so much controversy makes me wish he'd be a man and walk away from anything to do with fan/Club contact.

I believe if he was to do that then there would be far more harmony amongst the fans

Bears, read that back again and consider how ridiculous that sounds. There has been an on-going campaign against Mark for five years now, started because he banned a few of his so-called mates from Follow, Follow. This has consisted mainly of lies and innuendo but in the overall scheme of things it's a pretty small minority and Mark has very many more friends than enemies. In addition, as Frankie has indicated, anyone representing the fans on the Rangers Board will be elected. He's done a really good job in the media recently but even that was a role he didn't want but nobody else stepped up.

Bears, read that back again and consider how ridiculous that sounds. There has been an on-going campaign against Mark for five years now, started because he banned a few of his so-called mates from Follow, Follow. This has consisted mainly of lies and innuendo but in the overall scheme of things it's a pretty small minority and Mark has very many more friends than enemies. In addition, as Frankie has indicated, anyone representing the fans on the Rangers Board will be elected. He's done a really good job in the media recently but even that was a role he didn't want but nobody else stepped up.

I have no clue about him, other than he's a huge division in our support. That's enough for me

You may have missed this question earlier plg but do the fan groups know what security the Blue Knights have offered Ticketus for their funding? I think it's an important point and we need to know before contributing to any share issue.

You may have missed this question earlier plg but do the fan groups know what security the Blue Knights have offered Ticketus for their funding? I think it's an important point and we need to know before contributing to any share issue.

I didn't miss it Frankie, I ignored it.:blush: The truth is that I don't know but, even if I did, I wouldn't give out any information that TBK haven't made public. I don't think that would be the right thing to do. If TBK are successful then there will be a full prospectus issued so that anyone investing knows what they are buying into.

I think SDM could have been a good owner but his ego and lack of accountability by his board/fans meant it ended in disaster.

As for fan ownership, I'd like to think it was possible but our fans are extremely fickle and apathetic which would make such a solution very difficult to achieve. A membership scheme and supervisory board is agreeable middle ground but even the Knights haven't said if that's a likelihood or not.

We're getting the 'significant fans' stuff but I don't see any carrots.

There are also far too many factions with their own agendas. Why we need to have so many committees set up is beyond me, although that supervisory board you talk about could be the answer to cut out some of the backbiting.

I didn't miss it Frankie, I ignored it.:blush: The truth is that I don't know but, even if I did, I wouldn't give out any information that TBK haven't made public. I don't think that would be the right thing to do. If TBK are successful then there will be a full prospectus issued so that anyone investing knows what they are buying into.

That is your choice, of course, but it's no wonder there are divisions within the support.

That is your choice, of course, but it's no wonder there are divisions within the support.

I'm not sure I understand your comment. All I said was that if I had information that hadn't been made public that I wouldn't post it on the Internet. I'm unsure why that would cause divisions in the support.

Apologies for labouring the point but I'd have though the issue of security was something the fan groups would insist on knowing before agreeing to backing any share issue.

Acknowledge privacy on some matters but as CJ says withholding anything may not be the best way of gaining support.

Apologies for labouring the point but I'd have though the issue of security was something the fan groups would insist on knowing before agreeing to backing any share issue.

Acknowledge privacy on some matters but as CJ says withholding anything may not be the best way of gaining support.

Perhaps the fan groups do know, but are keeping it to themselves.