Ng on mission to meet McCoist and taste European glory

Hoping to have more info on the NG bid today.

For the moment, Singapore say they want continuity in the dug-out if successful. Their board members all know McCoist well. If their bid is successful, they will meet with McCoist immediately to discuss future plans. Hoping for more news later.

To be honest everybody tells you what you want to hear. Craig Whyte is still telling us what we want to hear even although we know he is nothing but a cheating liar. Hopefully the administrators can see past the spin and give us a deal that will take the club forward. As far as I can see the Singapore deal looks to be the best to me but I could be soooo wrong.

Hoping to have more info on the NG bid today.

For the moment, Singapore say they want continuity in the dug-out if successful. Their board members all know McCoist well. If their bid is successful, they will meet with McCoist immediately to discuss future plans. Hoping for more news later.

So much for ambition.......:(

Let's hope so.....but given the evidence, I won't be holding my breath.

I was a huge critic of Ally, but he has proved he can make a team work mate. he does deserve another chance, al be it a very short one

Let's hope so.....but given the evidence, I won't be holding my breath.

It's becoming an old chestnut but there is hardly an abundance of clean evidence due to the financial position, especially in the league. Even just giving back the 10pts deduction and subtracting three out of character losses in four games after administration and perhaps giving a more normal seven points for those games in better circumstances and we'd be one point behind Celtic with five games and a derby to go...

Even if you forget about those losses but discount the 10pts and then extrapolate the points we have and we're looking at a likelihood of 84 points for the season. Now while that's not exceptional it's one point below the last 11 years' average (85) and would have won us the league in 2010 and 2009 and possibly on goal difference in 2007.

However, those three losses surely can be partially attributed to the financial crisis and that's not to mention all the other problems he's had to suffer all season with a tiny and fragile squad with his two best players either sold or injured for most of the season?

When someone does averagely for a top job in incredibly trying circumstances, you have to wonder what he can do when given an easier (and more real) run at it.

I'm not saying McCoist is a great manager or even the best man for the job, but he's certainly shown he's at least an average Rangers manager and deserves a chance to show what he can do when the club is not in crisis. Who knows, with the experience of this season under his belt he could go on to be a great manager - Man U luckily didn't axe Ferguson on the back of his first season.

It's becoming an old chestnut but there is hardly an abundance of clean evidence due to the financial position, especially in the league. Even just giving back the 10pts deduction and subtracting three out of character losses in four games after administration and perhaps giving a more normal seven points for those games in better circumstances and we'd be one point behind Celtic with five games and a derby to go...

Even if you forget about those losses but discount the 10pts and then extrapolate the points we have and we're looking at a likelihood of 84 points for the season. Now while that's not exceptional it's one point below the last 11 years' average (85) and would have won us the league in 2010 and 2009 and possibly on goal difference in 2007.

However, those three losses surely can be partially attributed to the financial crisis and that's not to mention all the other problems he's had to suffer all season with a tiny and fragile squad with his two best players either sold or injured for most of the season?

When someone does averagely for a top job in incredibly trying circumstances, you have to wonder what he can do when given an easier (and more real) run at it.

I'm not saying McCoist is a great manager or even the best man for the job, but he's certainly shown he's at least an average Rangers manager and deserves a chance to show what he can do when the club is not in crisis. Who knows, with the experience of this season under his belt he could go on to be a great manager - Man U luckily didn't axe Ferguson on the back of his first season.

I based it on what I watched on the park ALL season, not just using post-administration guesswork. Given the Dundee United SC performance was prior to February 14, I struggle to see what negative effect the onset of administration really had. More of the same, if you ask me, but it gave a handy wee excuse for the players and management team.

Shows no ambition to me, lets hope it's all just paper talk as i for one would not be happy with the new owner being to scared to get a new manager just because it's Ally.

The one thing i want from new owners is to take the club forward and stop this win at all cost mentality that allows no room for improvement or developement at the club.

We have had years and years of under achievment and lack of cevelopement, please god no more.

Shows no ambition to me, lets hope it's all just paper talk as i for one would not be happy with the new owner being to scared to get a new manager just because it's Ally.

The one thing i want from new owners is to take the club forward and stop this win at all cost mentality that allows no room for improvement or developement at the club.

We have had years and years of under achievment and lack of cevelopement, please god no more.

We’re not exactly an attractive club to come and manage are we?

we need to be realistic here mate