Asian-Pacific bid Q&A at 3pm today

You are implying that the man is lying and that is fair enough as he may well have been. But the evidence to support such a claim is poor & someone such as yourself, who is very very good at building arguments for & destroying arguments against subjects by analysing & finding information, would wipe the floor with this type of evidence :thinking:

I'm not implying he's lying I'm saying that the statement was crass,stupid and unnecessary and is more an example of a PR mans' f*&k up than anything else.

I dont really know why everyone is getting het up over a tv listings page , I was too young to remember whether it was broadcast live all over the world , also there is the small matter of approx 6 hours time difference , come on guys ease up

If you all look closely the tv programmes only go to midnight or approx 6pm in spain , possibly earlier .

Edited by rbr

I sympathise with FS's point of view.

I too found the Ng being a fan comments rather fanciful & I think he'd have been better served not mentioning it - even if it is true. In saying that his team's scarves seem a bit of a coincidence.

Generally though if that's all people can pull him up for, I'm quite happy. FWiW, I agree that the bid is still light in content but the lack of info on some aspects is understandable. I'm sure the gaps will be filled in in due course.

I'd like to see the other bidders be as pro-active in seeking out debate. We'd be happy to host a similar session for either of them. :whistle:

I agree with many of the statements questioning whether he is a lifelong Rangers fan, but i'm not bothered whether he is or isn't to be honest, so long as he has the clubs interests at heart.

One small point though, the TV listings published show channels 5 and 8 in Singapore, and channels 3 and 10 for Malaysia. Assuming you can pick up both Malaysian and Singapore TV, that leaves channels 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 and 9 not listed on that page. And that's assuming it goes no higher than 10.

Also, if you look at the Straits Times that the mhank refers to, on 26 May 1972 on page 30 there was a large report on Rangers victory, so there was obviously detailed coverage of our win.

http://newspapers.nl.sg/Digitised/Page/straitstimes19720526.1.30.aspx

Guest gordyboy

When you look at all 3 bids there are marked difference's as the BK's are Rangers men forced into doing something to save the institution they love, The American bid seems hell bent on making a profit by which ever means open to them but this Asian bid seems like someone who for some obscure reason feels an attachment to the club. If this man loves Rangers as he preports to do so then how has he managed to sell the club to the consortium he has established? what attachment do the other players in this consortium have and why didn't they come forward prior to now when it would have been far easier.

I love the noise's there making and I can't help feeling that they may just be our best bet but I will feel better when their cards are on the table so to speak.

I couldnt give two shits to be honest whether he watched the ECWC final in '72. Stupid coment ? Yes, IF he didnt watch it. Is this irrefutable evdence ? Of course not.

What I DO care about is MY team. And I will be honest, what was posted here today from the Q&A has me feeling better about his proposition than that of TBK's. Now, I will caveat that with the fact we know little about ANY of the bids - but these guys have said the purchase would be cash-funded and also that they prefer the CVA route. They also see it as a long-term objective. Now, we can choose whether to believe or disbelieve, EVERYBODY'S prerogative.

But TBK's have not exactly been whiter than white with their statements either. They effectively tried to stifle news of their involvement with Ticketus. They said every other bid was looking at the "newco" route - which was a ridiculous statement as D&P (if you believe D&P.....) stated that no bidder would know details of the other bidders. So how would TBK know that the others wanted "newco" ? Quite clearly much of what TBK's have stated has been to curry favour with the fan groups and what they believe to be the general fan concensus.

Does that make TBK any better than Ng ? No. Does it make them worse ? No. Should we ask them the same questions ? Yes, it is called consistency. So did Paul Murray and the rest of TBK's watch the ECWC final in '72 ? Again, I reiterate, I couldnt care less.

What matters to RANGERS is the here and now. If Ng told a lie or tried to curry favour with the fans he has done nothing that TBKs, Miller and Kennedy havent already done too.

Our survival is the ONLY thing that matters. So long as one of these bidders comes through and saves us through a CVA i.e. no "newco" for me, has a sustainable business plan and act with honour, integrity, honesty and financial responsibility - then I dont really care whether the new owner is Ng, TBK's, Miller, Kennedy or some unknown.

.........if you look at the Straits Times that the mhank refers to, on 26 May 1972 on page 30 there was a large report on Rangers victory, so there was obviously detailed coverage of our win.

http://newspapers.nl.sg/Digitised/Page/straitstimes19720526.1.30.aspx

LOL! Wonder what Ng likes about us?....Facing up the fascist Spanish polis, or terrifying the Commies of Russia?

Probably BOTH!

And John Greig because he wore a beard. :fish:

Only Rangers fans could argue over TV listing on whether a new owner watched a game. Get a f#*king grip guys this is serious times and deserves serious debate.

To argue over is he a fan is he not makes us look like a bunch of Mhanks over on Kiddiefiddler.