Get Messi into Italian or English footie, and see how he does...

Same could be said of Neymar.

The difference is that, right now, Messi plays against some of the best in the world whilst the Brazilian Paulista isnt over-flowing with quality.

Messi HAS proven himself in Europe against some of England and Italy's finest..... though I suspect you mean put him in one of those teams rather than this pretty incredible Barcelona one.

If anyone watched the Barcelona v Getafe game the other night you would have seen just how sublime Messi can be with some of his ballwork late in the game on the touchline when being crowded and fouled.

Same could be said of Neymar.

The difference is that, right now, Messi plays against some of the best in the world whilst the Brazilian Paulista isnt over-flowing with quality.

Messi plays in a league which is more open than the Titanic. The defending in Spain is completely shite, and it's not shocking that an extremely world class player like he would thrive there. That he doesn't thrive for his country is quite telling. C Ron does.

Messi HAS proven himself in Europe against some of England and Italy's finest..... though I suspect you mean put him in one of those teams rather than this pretty incredible Barcelona one.

Yes, and no. And I dispute your point about him proving himself in Europe against England and Italy's finest. You know prior to his penalty goal he hadn't scored against Italian opposition in 10 CL matches? And the previous goal was...a penalty. As for England, he destroyed Arsenal yes, but their defence has hardly been regarded since the days of Adams and Keown.

If anyone watched the Barcelona v Getafe game the other night you would have seen just how sublime Messi can be with some of his ballwork late in the game on the touchline when being crowded and fouled.

Barry Ferguson and DaMarcus Beasley did exactly the same against RSB late in a game.

Anyway, I've ranted about the Messi C Ron topic before, so I'll stop with this tidbit - in his career at Barca Messi has 158 in 208 goals. Ron has 106 in 95. I don't think the Portuguese gets the credit he deserves.

As for Neymar - hardly watched him so can't comment.

Why would he want to go to a poorer League?

The EPL is leaps and bounds better than Spain - it's a richer SPL ffs. Italy is also back on par after some very weak recent years. But my question stands - how would he do out of Spain?

The EPL is leaps and bounds better than Spain - it's a richer SPL ffs. Italy is also back on par after some very weak recent years. But my question stands - how would he do out of Spain?

FIVE teams left in UEFA's two competitions? Best league AND best teams much better than epl Man Utd dominate all the time.

Many premiership titles have they won since it started?

You must watch MOTD and swallow all the shite like Hansen & co spew about that league

Anyway, I've ranted about the Messi C Ron topic before, so I'll stop with this tidbit - in his career at Barca Messi has 158 in 208 goals. Ron has 106 in 95. I don't think the Portuguese gets the credit he deserves.

It's interesting if you compare Messi & Ronaldo stats in all club competitions for Barca & Real just for the seasons since Ronaldo moved to La Liga, so the 09/10, 10/11 & 11/12 seasons.

Messi has 161 goals in 159 appearances with 60 assists, while Ronaldo has 138 goals in 136 appearances with 34 assists.

It's pretty clear that while both players rack up extremely large numbers of goals for the two clubs, Messi additionally provides considerably more assists for others in his team. In fact this season in all club competitions with both teams having played a very similar mumber of games, Messi has provided almost double the number of assists while still racking up the goals..... :)

It's interesting if you compare Messi & Ronaldo stats in all club competitions for Barca & Real just for the seasons since Ronaldo moved to La Liga, so the 09/10, 10/11 & 11/12 seasons.

Messi has 161 goals in 159 appearances with 60 assists, while Ronaldo has 138 goals in 136 appearances with 34 assists.

It's pretty clear that while both players rack up extremely large numbers of goals for the two clubs, Messi additionally provides considerably more assists for others in his team. In fact this season in all club competitions with both teams having played a very similar mumber of games, Messi has provided almost double the number of assists while still racking up the goals..... :)

That's because Ronaldo for all his talent is a greedy bastard and would never fit in to the Barca team.

Greedy bassas dont win.It's a TEAM game. Messi has it all.

Edited by 54andcounting