Does any1 think LE Guen can turn this around

Guest Baxter

I think we have to give him the season, there isn't much else we can do. We happened to sign one of the most sought after young managers in recent times and this is a learning experience for him. The difficulty is that if Le Guen can't turn this around, who can?

I believe part of the problem was not bringing him in earlier, if McLeish had been sacked earlier then Le Guen would have had a far better understanding of what needed solving over the summer break.

Things are pretty awful just now but I think we've got to just sit tight and keep backing Le Guen.

Agreed le Guen needs time but the quicker Murray finds a buyer who is going to put something back into the club the better. He is slowly strangling the life out of our club.

I think he can be I dont think we will see improvements until at least Feb / March. This seasons league can be written off, but 2nd place is still there for the taken along with a good UEFA cup run along with a domestic cup is what we should be looking for.

I think Le Guen will get it right but its next season before we start to look a bit of a force again.

I believe part of the problem was not bringing him in earlier, if McLeish had been sacked earlier then Le Guen would have had a far better understanding of what needed solving over the summer break.

Things are pretty awful just now but I think we've got to just sit tight and keep backing Le Guen.

This is a very good point. The league was lost already so he would have had to aim for second place and have time to make a few mistakes and sort them out in the summer.

Guest Bertent

Not a chance, he seems genuinely bemused. Perhaps we should both just cut our loses and get a new man in at xmas and build for next year.

I would have said give him more time, but his inability to change things and his record of signings is worth than Ecks.

Not a chance, he seems genuinely bemused. QUOTE]

thats exactly what bothers me. He really does look like he doesnt have a clue why we are losing when the cameras go on him during games. He looks like he is thinking 'I am in way over my head here'.

I dont think the players have confidence in him either. And that was a pretty big nail in Ecks coffin.

Ecks saving grace for a while was what he had acheived with us in the past. But what does PLG have?

This is a very good point. The league was lost already so he would have had to aim for second place and have time to make a few mistakes and sort them out in the summer.

But the decision for the timing of PLG to come in wasn't made by DM or the club, it was made by PLG himself. He didn't want to terminate his contract with Canal+ and that contract didn't expire till after the SPL season had ended.