Imagine - The Dream is over

Im not as disappointed as some today on hearing the news that TBK's dream is over (for now anyway).

All that has mattered to me is that the club does not go into liquidation and get the 3 year Euro ban which will have an impact on everything at our club for many more than the 3 years of no decent income.

The news that Bill Ng is now the clear front-runner and also does not want to go down the liquidation route is fine with me. The fact his consortium is not scraping around trying to stump up enough cash to get them through until a share issue can be done, but has the cash to put together a strong CVA and finance the club properly from the start is the main thing for me at this time.

Obviously we do not know too much about him or his consortium or his plans for the club, as he has chosen to keep his cards close to his chest until he gets the job done.

perhaps if TBK had done something similar and not boasted about their Ticketus deal they would have got there.

Im trying not to be too critical of TBK as they are genuine Rangers fans who tried to do their very best to save the club from liquidation, and while (for now at any rate) their bid for control seems to have failed, they should be thanked for putting a substantial amount of their own time and money into the project, and we would hope that any plans they had for the club would be discussed with Bill Ng at a future date to see if there is anything that can be taken on for the good of the club.

We should be above getting into a slagging match over who backed who and why. None of that is even slightly important. The important issues were that the winning bidders did not go down the liquidation route, and that we come out of administration with a workable CVA and the club can move forward and start to prepare for next season.

That is all that really matters at this stage.

For me it's all down to CONTROL and that's what was good about PM - I feel he knew that anything less than a BIG FAN INVOLVEMENT would bring us back to this point again... and it will!

How much "control" the fans would have had is surely questionable? What was he willing to give? A token seat on the board?

It seems to me that there was no formal commitment about the fans having any level of control.

Ah so because she did it too, she deserved any violence? Bollocks.

No she didn't and no it's not - lie down with an unpredictable dog and don't be surprised if it turns round and bites you! I dare say she chucked a few bottles at him too. The argument you're putting is mostly right but if you stay with someone that treats you bad ISN'T YOU STAYING A MITIGATING FACTOR?

I'd say yes.

She wore the trousers in that relationship, she kicked him out and took him back - that says a lot too DON'T YOU THINK SO?

Im not as disappointed as some today on hearing the news that TBK's dream is over (for now anyway).

All that has mattered to me is that the club does not go into liquidation and get the 3 year Euro ban which will have an impact on everything at our club for many more than the 3 years of no decent income.

The news that Bill Ng is now the clear front-runner and also does not want to go down the liquidation route is fine with me. The fact his consortium is not scraping around trying to stump up enough cash to get them through until a share issue can be done, but has the cash to put together a strong CVA and finance the club properly from the start is the main thing for me at this time.

Obviously we do not know too much about him or his consortium or his plans for the club, as he has chosen to keep his cards close to his chest until he gets the job done.

perhaps if TBK had done something similar and not boasted about their Ticketus deal they would have got there.

Im trying not to be too critical of TBK as they are genuine Rangers fans who tried to do their very best to save the club from liquidation, and while (for now at any rate) their bid for control seems to have failed, they should be thanked for putting a substantial amount of their own time and money into the project, and we would hope that any plans they had for the club would be discussed with Bill Ng at a future date to see if there is anything that can be taken on for the good of the club.

We should be above getting into a slagging match over who backed who and why. None of that is even slightly important. The important issues were that the winning bidders did not go down the liquidation route, and that we come out of administration with a workable CVA and the club can move forward and start to prepare for next season.

That is all that really matters at this stage.

Bloody well said old boy. :D

No she didn't and no it's not - lie down with an unpredictable dog and don't be surprised if it turns round and bites you! I dare say she chucked a few bottles at him too. The argument you're putting is mostly right but if you stay with someone that treats you bad ISN'T YOU STAYING A MITIGATING FACTOR?

I'd say yes.

She wore the trousers in that relationship, she kicked him out and took him back - that says a lot too DON'T YOU THINK SO?

BlueMazza won't reply, as this is not the relevant field (thread) of play. And she's already noted that. Gersnet sure has a board for such debate.

Very laughable indeed even more so if there was a scintilla of truth in it.

Simple fact is they had agreed to pay the fee, to say they couldn't raise £500k if frankly bullshit.

i said they struggled to raise, not couldnt. seems they went to ticketus first and then had to raise it them selves. That alone doesnt fill me with any confidence whatsoever. They dont seem to have any real backing other than using other peoples money. hardly a recipe for success.

So they had agreed to pay the fee and the stuff about negotations still going on was lies?

Was the fee deductible off the final payment? Was it to be used to pay off creditors or deductible by D&P off their final agreed fees?

That's what I don't get - my take is that they would've put up the cash but I feel D&P were just occupying PM to give Ng time to sort out a deal with Ticketus. So, the thing became academic...

I'd say yes.

I can give you a shit ton of DV stats if you want, but staying is not a mitigating factor no. However as Der Berliner has requested an end to this, we should leave it there. No need for caps, I still disagree with you.

So they had agreed to pay the fee and the stuff about negotations still going on was lies?

Was the fee deductible off the final payment? Was it to be used to pay off creditors or deductible by D&P off their final agreed fees?

Agreed in principle to pay a fee for "exclusivity".

I assume they were still negotiating re your last two questions, sorry but don't know if there was an outcome to that or not.