Put your cards on the table over these two important questions

saw this on Rangers Media interesting article: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=707:defining-rangers-the-club-versus-the-legal-entity&catid=101:club&Itemid=529

Definitions:

A Limited Company - a legal entity which owns assets and liabilities with the purpose of seeking profit ("Company" or "legal entity")

Newco - the continuation of a company in a legal format; usually taking assets from the OldCo whilst it's liquidated ("NewCo")

A Football Club - a community formed by fans working towards a common goal ("Club")

Rangers FC, the club, the community, was formed by the Gallant Pioneers in 1872.

The Rangers Football Club PLC was incorporated on 27 May 1899. This is the legal entity which holds the Club's assets and liabilities, the legal entity which seeks profit to its shareholders, and the legal entity which the Club aims to progress on.

As we are all painfully aware, the Limited Company as a profit making business and going concern legal entity has failed by the fact it has entered into an insolvency process.

The Club has not failed. From 1872 to 2012, fans continue to support Rangers Football Club as a Club not as a legal entity. We support the Club, the community that bonds Rangers fans; Bill Struth's words, Rangers 1972 European team, its miserable lows in the 1980's, its 9 in a row team, its title winning #54 team, its losing 2011/12 team. Did 48 thousand fans turn up to see Rangers old boys vs. Ac Milan Glorie in support of the Club, or the Company?

The Legal Entity is simply the body which is required by law to hold the assets and liabilities, can open a bank account, can take out a loan, can be floated on the stock exchange etc. It is not who the players play for - they play for the Club; the fans, the community, the history.

Although there are concerns over the SPL shamelessly and utterly ludicrously moving the goalposts on NewCo in a deliberate attempt to punish Rangers FC, regardless of Rangers' format next week or in six months or in six years, the Club will still exist. Rangers fans won't forget the SPL's tactics and other club's attempts to kick Rangers when they're down. Rangers will exist after David Murray, after Craig Whyte, after the new owners, after the owners after them regardless of the legal format.

Did The Celtc Football and Athletic Company Ltd (incorporated by Fungas in 1994) lose its history from 1888? Or since 1897 when Celtc incorported? Did the Celtc fans refuse to support this legal entity, or did they continue to support their Club?

Businesses fail. Legal entities fail. Rangers FC as a Club will move on.

If Rangers got beat next week, we will continue to support the Club. If the legal entity gets beat, we should continue to support the Club.

saw this on Rangers Media interesting article: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=707:defining-rangers-the-club-versus-the-legal-entity&catid=101:club&Itemid=529

Definitions:

A Limited Company - a legal entity which owns assets and liabilities with the purpose of seeking profit ("Company" or "legal entity")

Newco - the continuation of a company in a legal format; usually taking assets from the OldCo whilst it's liquidated ("NewCo")

A Football Club - a community formed by fans working towards a common goal ("Club")

Rangers FC, the club, the community, was formed by the Gallant Pioneers in 1872.

The Rangers Football Club PLC was incorporated on 27 May 1899. This is the legal entity which holds the Club's assets and liabilities, the legal entity which seeks profit to its shareholders, and the legal entity which the Club aims to progress on.

As we are all painfully aware, the Limited Company as a profit making business and going concern legal entity has failed by the fact it has entered into an insolvency process.

The Club has not failed. From 1872 to 2012, fans continue to support Rangers Football Club as a Club not as a legal entity. We support the Club, the community that bonds Rangers fans; Bill Struth's words, Rangers 1972 European team, its miserable lows in the 1980's, its 9 in a row team, its title winning #54 team, its losing 2011/12 team. Did 48 thousand fans turn up to see Rangers old boys vs. Ac Milan Glorie in support of the Club, or the Company?

The Legal Entity is simply the body which is required by law to hold the assets and liabilities, can open a bank account, can take out a loan, can be floated on the stock exchange etc. It is not who the players play for - they play for the Club; the fans, the community, the history.

Although there are concerns over the SPL shamelessly and utterly ludicrously moving the goalposts on NewCo in a deliberate attempt to punish Rangers FC, regardless of Rangers' format next week or in six months or in six years, the Club will still exist. Rangers fans won't forget the SPL's tactics and other club's attempts to kick Rangers when they're down. Rangers will exist after David Murray, after Craig Whyte, after the new owners, after the owners after them regardless of the legal format.

Did The Celtc Football and Athletic Company Ltd (incorporated by Fungas in 1994) lose its history from 1888? Or since 1897 when Celtc incorported? Did the Celtc fans refuse to support this legal entity, or did they continue to support their Club?

Businesses fail. Legal entities fail. Rangers FC as a Club will move on.

If Rangers got beat next week, we will continue to support the Club. If the legal entity gets beat, we should continue to support the Club.

All that terminology can be very misleading - the crux of the matter was that Celtic weren't Liquidated and therefore no one opposed a name change, or the change of aims of that club, so that analogy cuts no ice. There are some who put forward the idea of 'Buying' our history back after insolvency but anyone who knows the bitterness of the Rangers haters will know that route would've been blocked by the 'moral outrage'. Of course that morality was missing when Celtic KNOWINGLY DEFRAUDED THE TAXMAN* for millions by lying about gate receipts.! Their fans thought it highly amusing that they got away with that (until they were skint and asked the question "what about all those huge crowds?". Their sense of humour took a dive at that point! :-)

Hopefully the threat of 1 Liquidated, will start to wane now, but we still have the outrageous possibility that on the 30th of this month these Rangers haters will try and chip away at our history! If they try that on we will need to know which clubs were pushing for it (along with the Taigs) and take the obvious sanctions against them! If they hide behind a wall of secrecy we should boycott the whole lot of them til they see sense!

As I said I don't mind being punished but they can't mess with our history, and make our memories false - THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Tonight, though I shall sleep a little easier! Well done Paul Murray!

*if anyone doubts that look back to the outrage the Kelly's had to shelter from (and Mars bars etc) their fans the day after the Kelly's put it out that they had put in THEIR OWN MONEY!

I don't understand the logic behind deserting a newco. A newco is just that, a new company behind the scenes. We'll still be playing in blue at Ibrox and the trophy room will still be full. Assuming there's no skeletons in the closet and no trophies are removed, the club will still be Glasgow Rangers. That emotional link and bond will still be there, so why would people suddenly desert us because the Sfa or spl won't recognise historic achievements? Those trophies will still have been won by our great club and it's players.

This silly attitude of Ally McCoists (We Don't Do Walking Away) and those of you that echo it are just giving the people that hate Rangers the green light to get tore in!

Behave yourself. This 'silly' attitude bound us together at a time when we were all drifting apart, bickering over nothing. Who gives a fuck what Celtic think? It's not about those ragamuffins, its about Rangers. I think that in 50 years time Super Ally's words will still be muttered at Ibrox & beyond. The man is a legend, his words are legendary & Rangers are fucking biblical. Let's see anyone try to change that...

Behave yourself. This 'silly' attitude bound us together at a time when we were all drifting apart, bickering over nothing. Who gives a fuck what Celtic think? It's not about those ragamuffins, its about Rangers. I think that in 50 years time Super Ally's words will still be muttered at Ibrox & beyond. The man is a legend, his words are legendary & Rangers are fucking biblical. Let's see anyone try to change that...

Í take it you're speaking for juancornetto! :-)

Those Ally McCoist words might just end up as byelines in Newspapers at the buttom of fish supper wrappings! In my opinion they amount giving the Rangers haters a BLANK CHEQUE! Aye in other words he's saying WE'RE NOT WALINNG AWAY PLEASE DON'T HIT US!

Duff and Phelps have taken that on board as now they're gonna try and stretch their huge salaries to yet another week - tbh I'm fast losing patience - whether I give my life savings or not is in the balance as I need to make plans for the summer very soon, if they haven't sorted it out by first thing wednesday my money won't be there for the shares issue - I do do walking away they're not taking the cunt out of me much longer!