SFA Ruling: Lifetime ban for Whyte; RFC signing ban for 1 year

On what basis / precedence is the ban handed out?

This whole stuff does not include any possible sanctions on the EBT use, which is still unclear, right?

STV chaps say via twitter that existing contracts with players can be extended. (Not that they have aclue, but anyways.)

Guest Xander1873

Rangers should inform the SFA that we will not be competing in the Scottish cup next season and a decision on the season after 2012/13 will be made prior to season 2013/14 kicking off. Let's see how sponsors and the TV companies react to a Scottish cup with no possibility for an Old Firm game.

Instead on Scottish cup weekends next season Rangers should organise friendly matches and we should pack Ibrox. It is now my belief that any supporter who gives money to any other Scottish club is no friend to Rangers, many will not like that statement and will feel I have no right to make such a judgement but we are having the sh*t kicked out of us by the rest of Scottish football.

Its time to stop talking about boycotts and act.

This whole stuff does not include any possible sanctions on the EBT use, which is still unclear, right?

STV chaps say via twitter that existing contracts with players can be extended. (Not that they have aclue, but anyways.)

The basis would be the SFA is run by taigs. Fucked us in 08, buried us 12.

I'd say on the basis of "kick em while you can".

Yes this only about the fit and proper stuff nothing to do with the EBT stuff.

Not if the players themselves say go get stuffed.

Strictly speaking a player cannot do that; although the practice has been to accept a player's "retiral" and not select him, as with Boyd.

However, if the players tried to do that en masse I think they would be shooting themselves in the football boot.

It wouldn't matter so much to players who had gained a number of caps but what about the young guys like McCabe on the way up?

Also remember how many of our players do not play for Scotland, so there would be an issue of fairness as well.

Strikes me that there are mitigating circumstances here. The sale to Whyte will be proven to be an attempt by MIH to avoid tax ..there was no effective governance in place. The SFA should look at this again.

Until we have new ownership I dont think we can really put up an effective fight.

Strictly speaking a player cannot do that; although the practice has been to accept a player's "retiral" and not select him, as with Boyd.

However, if the players tried to do that en masse I think they would be shooting themselves in the football boot.

It wouldn't matter so much to players who had gained a number of caps but what about the young guys like McCabe on the way up?

Also remember how many of our players do not play for Scotland, so there would be an issue of fairness as well.

I think fairness left the building a long time ago BH and I can't see it coming back anytime soon, but I get your point.