SFA Ruling: Lifetime ban for Whyte; RFC signing ban for 1 year

So what was the justification for the signing ban? Missed all this last night so have just logged on and so far I can't see any reasoning for this punishment. The financial penalties I can understand and fining Whyte, but where did the ban come from???

So we're banned from signing senior players for a year. How long is it going to be before we HAVE the money to sign anyone?

And Whyte has been banned from involvement in Scottish football. So....what happens to his shares now?

Maybe there are positives here.

He can still own a club unfortunately - just not allowed to be involved in running it or hold office.

Can we still loan players? If so we'll surely see some people who have dignity in England lending us a few for 12 months.

No loans allowed as players still have to be registered.

Club can re-register players already at the club and can also still sign players under the age of 18.

There was a suggestion that internal loans i.e. within Scotland could be allowed but the SFA were unlikely to sanction those either.

Edited by Stefanovitch

Not surprised to tell the truth.

What Whyte was doing re. not paying tax and p.a.y.e. while we bought players, was just wrong.

We have 3 days to appeal, I would think the SFA will pull back a tad.

Unless they reduce the ban, on appeal, to 6 months it still prevents us from signing players for two transfer windows - effectively 12 months anyway.

Just read the statement ... and perhaps I missed it, but I can' see anything in the paragraphs mentioned for the transfer embargo to see why this is a possible and/or applicable punishment. Am I right in saying that this would be a first in Scottish football for a club that is not in administration?

BTW, people should tell UEFA about this, since it is apparent that the SFA did not help one of its members in the times of distress, but actually punishes it even further in its most vulnerable period. Not to mention that those who decide at the SFA HQs are closely linked to Rangers' main rival and greatest dislikers, so fair punishment is not being handed out.