SFA Ruling: Lifetime ban for Whyte; RFC signing ban for 1 year

Unless they reduce the ban, on appeal, to 6 months it still prevents us from signing players for two transfer windows - effectively 12 months anyway.

If we are alive and kicking, I would take it.

The bidders are still the most important factor, and how they will take this.

Could this have been what derailed the PB decision yesterday?

So we're banned from signing senior players for a year. How long is it going to be before we HAVE the money to sign anyone?

And Whyte has been banned from involvement in Scottish football. So....what happens to his shares now?

Maybe there are positives here.

Whyte can still own a club, just not be a director.

All bidders need to come out and talk to the fans/press this morning. No excuses as they’ve had all night to think about this. We need to know where they stand ASAP. No excuses.

If they walk, then it’s unfortunate but understandable, if they’re staying, let us know to put our minds at rest

Neither of them will walk over this. I doubt that they will have been signing anyway.

Guest themightymcphed

Don't like to think of another club dying to save us, but I would love to see us away from this poisonous place. Buy a dying/dead English team and register at their stadium, then say we're moving to a new stadium....just happens to be in Glasgow.

Don't know if that's even possible, but I wouldn't be against it if one of the bidders arranged it

I find the player embargo a bit strange.

Why not a ban from their competition - the Scottish Cup? Not because of sponsorship being affected would it? :whistle:

As I said, have we actually ever seen somesuch being dealt to a team not in administration? And if so, what for? Methinks Mo'll was barred from signing people while under administration, but beyond it ... ? Highly questionable behaviour. And unless the EBT stuff can't be explained and is being legally sound, they may add a few points deductions too, as has been muted first on the Timboards months ago. They gave them the ideas, if you ask me.

While we are at it, if I see the treatment we receive and what TLB does week in week out - bringing the game into disrepute - the judgements is poles apart.