SFA Ruling: Lifetime ban for Whyte; RFC signing ban for 1 year

So every club can get someone in, have them fuck about, leave the club and they would then get off Scot-free by saying 'not our fault, guv'?

Wise up, ffs!

Previous owners also have the responsibility but surely they would have done some background checks, no?

Previous owners also have the responsibility but surely they would have done some background checks, no?

The SFA system wasn't robust enough, but that doesn't change what happened. It was a trust system and Rangers(Whyte) broke that trust. The sanctions could have been even worse than what they were, especially given the seriousness of the charges.

What is it about Whyte's response people don't like here? Is it just cos it's him saying it? He's spot on..no affect on him - terrible for the club.

......a club which is going through tough times at the moment.

"The SFA want to kick Rangers when they are down.....

Who put us there?

What is it about Whyte's response people don't like here? Is it just cos it's him saying it? He's spot on..no affect on him - terrible for the club.

Exactly mate, and he also said Stewart Regan and Campbell Ogilvie should resign and get out of Scottish football.

The SFA want to kick Rangers when they are down and I hope people remember that. They are playing to the media.

That's spot on as well.

Exactly mate, and he also said Stewart Regan and Campbell Ogilvie should resign and get out of Scottish football.

The SFA want to kick Rangers when they are down and I hope people remember that. They are playing to the media.

That's spot on as well.

This was done by an independent panel and neither Regan or Ogilvie were involved in it.

So this independent panel are aware of the fact that our players have the option of leaving the club in the summer, & of the fact that the players have said they will exercise this option if Craig Whyte is still the owner.. then the fact that CW doesn't look like selling & D&P have still not commenced any court proceedings in order to obtain CW's shares.. & the acceptable punishment they come up with is a 12 month transfer embargo?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY?

This is absolutely ludicrous. I can't believe it's not April 1st. Rules were broken, punishment would be deserved.. but at least make it appropriate.. or at least wait until a more appropriate time.. Ahh fuck it, lets hand in our notice to the SPL. There's a risk no other league will have us.. but its better to take that risk than stay in a league that is publicly trying to hang us.

& the reason for punishment is for "bringing Scottish Football into disrepute"?

Did they forget Refgate last year? Did they forget about having to arrange foreign referees to take control of matches because of 1 manager? I'd describe the referees going on strike last year as "bringing Scottish Football into disrepute".

:smile:My first post guys so be gentle.

There was a time when Scottish Football,as a whole,was a respected institution in World Football.

Some of the best players in the World Beautiful Game came from Scotland.

Law,Baxter,Henderson,Johnstone,McGrain,Jardine,Sou ness,Dalglish and Cooper.

The list goes on and the names are still revered in the World game to this day.

There was also a time when Scottish Football and it's Club's stuck together through thick and thin,defending each other like the members of a close family.

There was fights and petty squabbles but,for the most part,they were kept in house and free from the prying eye of the media and the publics eye.

The Countries two biggest Clubs were held in the highest of esteem and both played their part in waving the banner of Scottish Football in all their European campaigns.

That both played a big part in how Scottish Football was perceived abroad and at home was instrumental in the way both Clubs went about their respective ways.

My and how that has changed.

Back in the 90's Celtic ran into some financial problems due to some poor management and were a mere few minutes away from disappearing for good.

When they did get their house in order Sir David Murray was heard to boast for every fiver Celtic spend Rangers will spend ten.

We now see Rangers in a fight for their very existance and the shoe is very much on the other foot.

Since SDM made that statement there has been a distinct feeling of animosity between Scotlands big two and it is growing.

We now have an SFA decision to further punish a Club that is fighting for it's very life.

Just what are they trying to prove here?

What is their motive?

The goalposts have been been moving non stop since Rangers went in to administration and it seems there is a delight in Rangers predicament where the Scottish Football hierarchy are concerned.

Gone are the days when the Clubs stuck together,the knives are out,and some are taking their best shot when a giant is on it's knees.

There are also men who have recently assumed positions of authority in the Scottish game with a great interest in seeing Rangers struggle and there would seem to be a conflict of interest on there part in enforcing the latest list of punishment meted out to Rangers.

Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

It all leads to the question of just what is it that Rangers have done to warrant such an attack from within the Scottish game.

Is there something to be guilty of or is it merely that when the Club was running out of money yet still winning titles that someone remembered a bold brag by a certain Club chairman about spending and thought if i get the chance i'll make them pay for that.

Maybe i'm wrong in my assumption here but it does make you think that in the past 5 to 6 years there has been a movement to discredit Rangers at every turn.

Rangers have to accept their own share of blame in the way things have turned out for them,none more so than former owner SDM,but the blows are getting lower and lower by the day.

The fight is on now to see who will take office at Ibrox and win control of the Club and try to right a sinking ship.

Here's hoping that who ever gains control is paying attention to what is really going on behind the scenes of Scottish Football and that it is a person who is not afraid of a little chaos making because Rangers have enemies,enemies they never knew they had,and they are getting more vociferous by the day and when the Club survives someone had better be taking names because there are some serious questions needing answered about the motives behind the actions of certain people.