Rangers retire the number 12 shirt in tribute to the fans

I was happy with the simple thank you that Sandy Jardine gave us last night.

The fans have been good but there may be tougher times ahead and we may need to dig much deeper (either financially or emotionally) than we already have done. It's far too early in the process.

Who actually made this decision anyway? The administrators are running the club. It has to be them. Do we really want them making this kind of decision? is this a smokesecreen for their inability to produce Whyte's shares?

Surely it should be up to new owners to assess this kind of thing anyway.

Just because they run the topside of the club, doesn't mean they make every single decision - especially when there are no financial implications.

I don't see D&P as devils, so no I'm not bothered if they DID make the decision.

Just because they run the topside of the club, doesn't mean they make every single decision - especially when there are no financial implications.

I don't see D&P as devils, so no I'm not bothered if they DID make the decision.

I'm not saying D&P are devils. Just that they should not be making such decisions and if it was being made further down the chain, again, I'd suggest that the decisions are being made by people that do not have the authority to do so.

IT's a token gesture from the club to the fans.....why does there need to be any ulterior motive behind it.

It'll probably all be forgotten about in next to no time, but it is a nice gesture all the same.

You can only bow to someone if they are asking for it and applying pressure.

Being given something you never asked for is a gift and should looked on as such instead of being sneered at.

Dont think i was doing that tbh, just offering my view on the thing.

I was happy with the simple thank you that Sandy Jardine gave us last night.

Did anyone else get emotional when Jardine was addressing crowd ?

my 6 year old boy was gutting himself laughing at me.

I think it is a nice gesture from the club retiring the number 12 shirt.

It is very, very common practice in the US to retire jerseys and, in the country, is seen as a great honour by those who see their jerseys retired. Personally I find it to be a cheap but grand gesture of thanks to the fans. Not just us going through hard times presently but ALL the Rangers fans through ALL the generations.

I can see why some would see it as being tacky but personally I think it is merely recognition by the club of the incredible support the fans have provided. Great gesture in my opinion.

Also, given Bill Miller is now preferred bidder... and he is American.... and in the US this is common.... could it be he was somewhat involved in the decision... Nah, I dont think so either - but some of us do love a conspiracy.