Whyte Knight? Scottish Sun

This is from Alex Thomson from his blog

take from it what you will

Being in Brussels doing something completely different and thus probing Rangers part-time is less than ideal but I can now reveal something of what’s been going on and where we are now headed.

Broadly, the Scottish Sun story is correct this morning so cap duly doffed etc – but there’s a lot more to it of course. I can reveal that the group of England-based businessmen with UK big-football club experience has, in fact, been in talks with Rangers Administrators Duff and Phelps for around a week.

09 rangers g blog Next 24 to 48 hours are vital for Rangers

That is, all the time that D&P were staging “bogus” press statements at Ibrox and giving pitch-side interviews, they were also talking to this group at least, and possibly at least one more outside-bidder from beyond the UK.

As Channel 4 News indicated last week, much of the whole Miller-meltdown appears now to have been little more than a very public “smoking-out” exercise to see if the Tennessee Trucker really was serious or liked what he saw at Ibrox when he looked at the books or heard the Bears growl “Yanks Out” and other welcoming noises.

Craig Whyte is certainly serious about the Sassenach Saviours and is talking with them today and tomorrow. My information is that, unlike the Miller’s Tale (with apologies to Geoffrey Chaucer), we are now talking something more real with individuals whom it would not be helpful to name at this point.

As one at the heart of it all said:

“Alex – you can certainly say the next 24 to 48 hours are vital for Rangers Football Club.”

Guest Guardian

Lets hope Thompson is right for once, although I think he needs to look up confidentiality in the dictionary.

He is attempting to make D & P look scheming when in fact they could do nought else.

Alex Thompson often quotes "a source" when all the time he knows who it is. See what I did there ?

Guest Devlin

Aside from the two articles in this thread and the Bill Ng story is their any more rumours about who the interested parties are?

I just discovered that footymad website for the first time and read a bunch of aberscum supporters saying apparantly Fergie is one of the men involved. Obviously bullshit, just saying. :lol:

Aside from the two articles in this thread and the Bill Ng story is their any more rumours about who the interested parties are?

I just discovered that footymad website for the first time and read a bunch of aberscum supporters saying apparantly Fergie is one of the men involved. Obviously bullshit, just saying. :lol:

Various rumours - the Germans from before primarily. Others as well.

Guest Devlin

Without taking up too much of your time, is there much info on the Germans from before, i couldn't find anything at the time and the lack of knowledge about the interested parties is too much for me to take here haha. It's for the better though, like you commented on another thread about how we may only find out the identity when the club is bought, stops all the false facts and scare mongering.

Without taking up too much of your time, is there much info on the Germans from before, i couldn't find anything at the time and the lack of knowledge about the interested parties is too much for me to take here haha. It's for the better though, like you commented on another thread about how we may only find out the identity when the club is bought, stops all the false facts and scare mongering.

Nope not much info. The Scottish/German politician guy was mentioned (as were Adidas actually) but apparently neither were/are involved.