Bill Ng back in race to buy crisis-hit Rangers

I'm sure they are, but a man with a reported $50m fortune was never going to be rich enough to take on The Rangers. D&P must have known this too. It stinks.

Well rules out everybody else then in the picture then if 50mill ain't enough.

As difficult as it will be, it is beyond bizarre these cuts weren't made months ago.

However, I'm merely stating the point that although we have have time per se, there are a variety of other problems associated with using that time. That should not be under-estimated.

I agree on both points.

That element is probably true but, again, I'm sure Miller would have been able to make an educated guess at that beforehand via the data room.

You know any detail about the Legacy contracts that spooked him so much?

How many fans would renew as it stands? Not many and certainly not enough to input the kind of finance the club needs to retain staff and full operations.

I agree there may be more time than some suggest but none of us are sitting comfortably and D&P are not the only culpable party.

How did asking for no decision to be made with regard the SPL sanctions help the time available to find a buyer? If Rangers were told what division they would be playing in, ST's could have been priced accordingly.

You know any detail about the Legacy contracts that spooked him so much?

It will be the Ticketus and Close deals that will be causing him problems. Deals with players may also be a worry.

not Kennedy and not a consortium.

So you really think Kennedy is going to invest 50mill in the newco? Anybody taking on Rangers would need closer to 100mill that they don't want to see again to get us clean and clear.

How did asking for no decision to be made with regard the SPL sanctions help the time available to find a buyer? If Rangers were told what division they would be playing in, ST's could have been priced accordingly.

The constant delays are my biggest bugbear - I really don't know why we can get decisions on all issues, from the FTT to the SFA and SPL.

Ultimately though it may be the new owner's decision whether or not to continue in the SPL or look for relegation. I doubt any owner will be asking for SFL though.

It will be the Ticketus and Close deals that will be causing him problems. Deals with players may also be a worry.

Probably being stupid here Frankie but what's the Close deal, and surely Ticketus can join the queue the rest of them.

Edited by GovanAllan

I underlined the word of importance. We're speaking about 25 individuals here and by the sound of some, these chaps only wait for a newco to happen by to jump ship. That won't be the case with all players ... I for one would assume.

Any player who puts a get-out clause in their revised contract is making it a possibility that they will be offski if things don't look good. Add in a newco, and things become even more complicated.