Bill Ng back in race to buy crisis-hit Rangers

Any truth in this Frankie?

However, three bidders have made their presence known and The Daily Telegraph understands that Bill Ng, the Singaporean businessman, is back in contention with two new parties in the running, one of which is a UK-based consortium with Scots on board. One of the three appears to have proposed a deal worth close to the £11.6 million offered by Miller and administrators last night indicated that a deal could still be made by Fridayâ??s deadline along the same proposals as Millerâ??s newco plan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9252812/Bill-Ng-back-in-race-to-buy-crisis-hit-Rangers-after-Bob-Miller-pulls-out-of-the-running.html

Any truth in this Frankie?

However, three bidders have made their presence known and The Daily Telegraph understands that Bill Ng, the Singaporean businessman, is back in contention with two new parties in the running, one of which is a UK-based consortium with Scots on board. One of the three appears to have proposed a deal worth close to the £11.6 million offered by Miller and administrators last night indicated that a deal could still be made by Friday’s deadline along the same proposals as Miller’s newco plan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9252812/Bill-Ng-back-in-race-to-buy-crisis-hit-Rangers-after-Bob-Miller-pulls-out-of-the-running.html

I've said consistently to rule no previous bidder out.

I doubt anyone (especially Ng) will be eager to stoke speculation again as he won't want to get anyone's hopes up. If he wants to buy the club then they need to concentrate their efforts on doing so in one fell swoop as opposed to a gradual process of spin and party politics.

That goes for all potential bidders.

Ng always stated that it would be CVA without a newcoz

Was this just spin?

He wanted a stand-alone CVA a month ago but pulled out because of difficulties with D&P, Ticketus and Whyte. Difficulties all other parties have subsequently had.

Is there time for a stand-alone CVA now? Possibly so I'd hope that will still form part of his thoughts but, as I've also consistently said, it may suit any interested parties to consider the newco route now the stalking horse has gauged the mild reaction.

What I do suspect is that if Ng is serious, we may not hear anything until the deal is 99.9% complete. But, he's made mistakes before with his PR so we'll see.

He wanted a stand-alone CVA a month ago but pulled out because of difficulties with D&P, Ticketus and Whyte. Difficulties all other parties have subsequently had.

Is there time for a stand-alone CVA now? Possibly so I'd hope that will still form part of his thoughts but, as I've also consistently said, it may suit any interested parties to consider the newco route now the stalking horse has gauged the mild reaction.

What I do suspect is that if Ng is serious, we may not hear anything until the deal is 99.9% complete. But, he's made mistakes before with his PR so we'll see.

Cheers, mate.

Is there time for a stand-alone CVA now?

I don't think that there's time for a CVA before the end of the season, at which point the players wages revert to their original levels and the administrators will need to get rid of players and staff, not forgetting about the fact that some players can apparently walk at that stage as well.

I don't think that there's time for a CVA before the end of the season, at which point the players wages revert to their original levels and the administrators will need to get rid of players and staff, not forgetting about the fact that some players can apparently walk at that stage as well.

Yeah, that's the worry but heard talk about gentlemen's agreements over player contracts and that as long as we're out of admin by August via CVA we can avoid any penalties.

Seems all a bit pie in the sky to me so I reckon newco is still most probable outcome.