'Local' consortium conclude deal for Whyte's shares

But does that not just say a local company is one of the bidders? It doesnt say who wants the cvs.

It's understood two of the three bidders have already held discussions with Ally McCoist. One is local and two are from overseas.

This suggests the consortium is local and I guess UK will be local enough - don't think it's overly important. I just like to base thread titles on existing wording.

Guest Dutchy

On the radio, they described it as British, so in the sense that it's not the far east or America, it's local enough indeed.

Some people over on FF suggest that Ticketus / Octopus might be involved, with Whyte handing them the shares whilst they guarantee that they won't pursue him. That would give them quite a strong position in any deal ... or so they argue.

This suggests the consortium is local and I guess UK will be local enough - don't think it's overly important. I just like to base thread titles on existing wording.

I'm not questioning you!! :-)

I just can't see where D&P have stated it's the 'local' or 'UK' consortium who want the cva or who have agreed a deal with Whyte. Is it only the media who have suggested this or am I missing something?

Ps - it's probably the latter!!!

Edited by bigy

Some people over on FF suggest that Ticketus / Octopus might be involved, with Whyte handing them the shares whilst they guarantee that they won't pursue him. That would give them quite a strong position in any deal ... or so they argue.

Have said for weeks that Ticketus would make their own bid if they couldn't do a deal with any other bidder.

I'm not questioning you!! :-)

I just can't see where D&P have stated it's the 'local' or 'UK' consortium who wantvthe cva or who have agreed a deal with Whyte. Is it only the media who have suggested this or am I missing something?

Ps - it's probably the latter!!!

Sorry misread you. Yeah, it's not clear who wants the CVA.

With Miller proving fans are open to newco, it's easier for any bidder to opt for that now.