'Local' consortium conclude deal for Whyte's shares

Guest Guardian
Unexpected post, given your previous comments regarding Ticketus. :tu:

The post was about more bidders rather than Ticketus.

I certainly have no love for them and my post doesn't indicate otherwise.

Might be that - if indeed Ticketus are involved - it may not be a bad thing.

After all, their core business is financing football clubs. I don't see it as being in their long term interests to shaft us.

It wouldn't be good PR regarding drumming up future business.

After all, their core business is financing football clubs. I don't see it as being in their long term interests to shaft us.

or they might get all 27 million back because they can no longer chase whyte for it and then dump us.

If Ticketus get dealt with through a CVA then we emerge owing them nothing. If they were to buy us then we would emerge from a CVA owing them £27m.

They have already shafted us by advancing OUR season ticket money to whyte to help him buy the club, knowing what he was up to.

I think that their involvement would be a bad thing.

Ticketus take advantage of football clubs desperate for money to pay their bills because of shortfalls in their income. They buy tickets for just over half of their face value and make huge profits on the deals very quickly. They can dress their business up any way they like, but they are the footballing equivalent of money-hungry loan sharks and I hope we have nothing to do with them ever again.

Guest Guardian

So TBK's supporters were lying when they said any bidder had to deal with Ticketus, and would have happily seen us pay them off when we didn't need to ?

Interesting.

I take it the £27m total comes from the interest charged? Reports say they lent £24m and have been paid £3m and £5m back. I make that £16m owed plus interest.

I think the biggest problem from the start with Ticketus is that the charge for credit was far too great and the repayment time far too short. Reminds me of Wonga.com who seem to be legalised loan sharks.

But the point is, we were never going to be able to afford to repay it under their terms and surely they should have seen that before they lent the money?

Glad Ticketus aren't involved, we deserve to be free from that particular millstone and it may well be the case if Whizzer & Chips are successful with their court case. See one MR C Whyte c/o Liberty Capital Virgin Islands chaps.