Third Division Blues

The only thing that bothers me the 3rd Division route is that...say we spend 3 years clawing our ways back through the leagues to get back to the top flight? What will find there when return? What will the SPL look like? Who'll be pulling the strings?

Surely the same old problems/obstacles will be there we when we return?

Guest cail
Can clubs in that division cant cater or our away support.

We'd be the first team in history to play every League game at home and making money for every Club on the way back to the top:yesrfc:

The only thing that bothers me the 3rd Division route is that...say we spend 3 years clawing our ways back through the leagues to get back to the top flight? What will find there when return? What will the SPL look like? Who'll be pulling the strings?

Surely the same old problems/obstacles will be there we when we return?

What's to stop the SPL imposing the sanctions on our return? We may leave the SPL for a few years but they may still refuse us access until we do our bird.

Guest Guardian
What's to stop the SPL imposing the sanctions on our return? We may leave the SPL for a few years but they may still refuse us access until we do our bird.

They'd never do that. They'd be begging us to come back in weeks, even if they allowed it to happen in the first place.

Without Rangers celtic would be eaten alive by the gang of ten as their veto would be gone.

Small clubs would go bust and the sponsorship and TV money would dry up.

Celtic playing diddy teams every week would suffer in europe. We've been there, done that and got the football shirt.

Some sort of compromise deal will be done. They'll pretend to hit us and we'll pretend it hurts.

Yes, yes, but what about potential players? Out of contracts, mid to late 30s, with a Rangers history who could write their names into a unique (it fucking well better be unique) period in our history?

for me you have the wrong idea.

for me we would assemble a squad of the very best available 18 to 21 year olds and build something special.

perhaps with a few older players down the spine . Alexander - weir - ferguson - jig.

Guest Guardian
Yes, starting again in division three is my preferred option now assuming a CVA isn't going to happen. I'd give McCoist and Durrant a run in Div 3 frankly.

There's been a few times this season that's crossed my mind.

They'd never do that. They'd be begging us to come back in weeks, even if they allowed it to happen in the first place.

Without Rangers celtic would be eaten alive by the gang of ten as their veto would be gone.

Small clubs would go bust and the sponsorship and TV money would dry up.

Celtic playing diddy teams every week would suffer in europe. We've been there, done that and got the football shirt.

Some sort of compromise deal will be done. They'll pretend to hit us and we'll pretend it hurts.

I've said all along the SPL (and SFA) sanctions won't carry but if they're stupid enough to force us out, they may be stupid enough to refuse our re-application down the line.

This is Scottish football remember. Common sense not included.