Cautiously optimistic

I feel such relief this morning and I guess my desperate signing up to the fans share issue last night hopefully will no longer be required. I am cautious, like most bears are, but the news that is coming out from Charles Green on Twitter sounds okay.

I like the idea of a footbal board and lets hope some great Rangers men are involved in this.

I also like the idea of a 15% ceiling on share ownership per individual.

First of all, though this has to go through and hopefully will be ratified by the creditors on June 6th.

I hope desperately that we can keep our top players. Mixed messages coming out here - Green openly states tough decisions have to be made but is also talking about tapping into the Middle East and Far East markets and competing in Europe. You won't do that with a duff product. We have been so used to instant fixes and throwing money at problems that we are impatient and will have to adjust to the fact that we nearly went to the wall.

Reading what Ally said this morning or more specifically what he didn't say about the takeover, compared to his positive comments about Bill Miller, concerns me, but remaining optimistic (you would go mad otherwise) I am hoping that he too is being cautious given the speed with which this has happened.

No doubt there will be many twists and turns to come and obstacles to be overcome but this is a

start. I would have preferred Rangers men in there and lets hope there will be in the football board but we have to deal with the facts and look to the future. As I said I am cautiously optimistic.

Rangers for Ever

I think after the past few weeks and the constant media whoring by all the parties including some of our own fan groups , everyone will hopefully be able to breath a small bit easier .

What we all hope C G and his consortium now do , is communicate via the official channels with all the fans , this drip drip via certain sites does nothing for anyone . What I have found is that the official media guys via twitter and the clubs own web site have done a great job and I hope this is taken on board by the new owners .

Onwards and upwards

The global brand claim is a complete red herring as far as I'm concerned. It won't be a success through the SPL, which means continued appearances in the latter stages of the CL. That would require pots of cash and/or a good manager, and sadly, we have neither at the moment.

Edited by caseyjones

From what I have been reading is that HMRC will not accept the CVA as long as we are going to pay the Football clubs the full amount owed. If that was the case then that may be the time to use the fighting funds account. Then it would be the fans paying the debt. I am sure the consortium could fill up the fighting funds for us to the correct amount. As we paid Dunfermline that way they could not say it was a trick thought of by CG. Just a thought.

From what I have been reading is that HMRC will not accept the CVA as long as we are going to pay the Football clubs the full amount owed. If that was the case then that may be the time to use the fighting funds account. Then it would be the fans paying the debt. I am sure the consortium could fill up the fighting funds for us to the correct amount. As we paid Dunfermline that way they could not say it was a trick thought of by CG. Just a thought.

I'm on board with that and would donate more if it means getting. CVA through and getting moving!

It surely has to be used at some stage so now seems a good a time as any. With regards to debt owed to clubs, does the fee due to Hearts for Wallace get dragged into that pot? We have an agreement that the payments are staggered and the next payment is due in July. is that a conventional "debt" if there is a agreement in place?

That is an English thing , the administrators can get around it by using the SPL prize money ,also the admin's have been in constant contact with all creditors so they must know what and what isnt acceptable