SFA chief Stewart Regan demands Charles Green reveals his mystery backers

I can have it both ways if I want...they did nothing then punish us for Whyte, now they're trying to muddy the waters and dissuade investment of the future. It may turn out they scare off wrong 'uns...but it will not be for reasons of trust, it will be coz they're trying to shaft us.

I hate everyone and everything about Scottish football except us. This is a paranoiac plane of consciousness, I know, but it's very real. To me, anyway.

He can ask, but unless there is something in the SFA rules to cover it, then he won't be getting any answers. As I understand it, their rules only apply to officebearers ie directors, and not shareholders or other investors. If they did apply to shareholders, then a certain Republic of Ireland based multi millionaire would have a lot of questions to answer, given his frequent appearances in Irish Government reports on political corruption in the Republic.

I've no problem with this and it's the right thing to do if the SFA can keep confidentiality.

However, it smacks of pettiness after the demands that the committee who judged Rangers be revealed. If he's so into openness why were their names kept secret? It's fair enough that they revealed the names for the appeal and so can ask for names from Rangers in return - but it still smacks of pettiness rather than looking after Scottish football.

Regan now seems to be doing the right things but for the wrong and ego related reasons.

Lets be honest the only reason he and the SFA want to know names is to leak the info to the press and let them go to work attacking them to put them off. I'm 100% certain of this.

Not 99.9%?:smile:

This is absolute bollocks from the SFA, as usual.

These guys are investors, not Directors. It is already on record that nobody will own more than 15%, so they are all minority investors.

If the SFA want to know who the board will be made up of, I have no problem with that. But if they are pushing for names of investors, I would turn it right back at them and ask why they are doing no investigation into the conduct of a certain Mr Desmond of Scum FC, whose business antics and shady dealings are worthy of far more scrutiny as far as a fit and proper investor is concerned. As Mr Desmond is a majority shareholder (I'm sure he has more than 50%??) then surely if we are going to be looking at shareholder fitness, we can start with those already involved in the game instead of concentrating on those who "might" become involved.